lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
Cuda1969
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G2 lift rubbing in rear

Ok, so I finally put a lift on my g2. I put a Jakes 5” lift on the cart with 22” with 10” rims. They are offset, not sure how much. No rubbing on the front, but when you sit on it, the rear tires rub, as a matter of fact, one of the tires locked up. My question is, do you think with some new heavy duty shocks, will that help with the rubbing? The shocks now are all stock, as far as I know. Thanks in advance.
Cuda1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
Cuda1969
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G2 lift rubbing in rear

Ok, so I finally put a lift on my g2. I put a Jakes 5” lift on the cart with 22” with 10” rims. They are offset, not sure how much. No rubbing on the front, but when you sit on it, the rear tires rub, as a matter of fact, one of the tires locked up. My question is, do you think with some new heavy duty shocks, will that help with the rubbing? The shocks now are all stock, as far as I know. Thanks in advance.
After looking the wheels up in my notes. Tire size is 22x11x10, I was told by the seller that they were the correct size for the lift.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:25 PM   #3
Cuda1969
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G2 lift rubbing in rear

Oh, and the wheels are 10” 3+5 offsets.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:02 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

It maybe necessary to trim the rocker panels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trim rocker.jpg (1.04 MB, 0 views)

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:14 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's common on most Yamaha's, maybe even worse on the newer G29 / Drives. The arch of the wheel well is designed for the stock 18" tall tire. As you go larger the tire diameter gets "pinched" in the front to back dimension of the wheel well. Usually requires a bit of cutting & grinding. Looks like yours will need to trim that corner at the front of the arch. I had a batch of G22's we lifted that needed to grind the rear of the arch (actually into the frame stubs).
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:10 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

My G9 would rub the inner fender liner on the right rear when I went around turns. I just let it rub so I knew where it was rubbing, and trimmed that part out. Never had an issue again after that, and didn't have to trim much.

I just had the 4" lift kit, and there was NO WAY you were going to fit any bigger than the 20x10x10 tires on it. As said above, even those rubbed.

I'm not sure where you saw that a 22" tire fits a 5" lift kit, I couldn't find that anywhere. Maybe someone else can verify? I did see where the 7" double a-arm kit will fit up to a 23" tire, but that's quite a bit more lift than the 5" kit. Perhaps your tires are just too big and you'll need to either get creative with trimming to make them fit, or step down a little bit in size.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:09 PM   #7
Cuda1969
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks everybody, I ordered Jakes rear heavy duty shocks to take the sag out of riding 2. I’m guessing I’m going to have to trim the rockers too, way to close to the tires. Buggies unlimited told me that was the right size tires. The last 3 orders have been a problem, going to start checking out the sponsorship on this site. I’ll put a picture on here of my cart when I get a place to put my pictures to download.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:21 AM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda1969 View Post
Thanks everybody, I ordered Jakes rear heavy duty shocks to take the sag out of riding 2. I’m guessing I’m going to have to trim the rockers too, way to close to the tires. Buggies unlimited told me that was the right size tires. The last 3 orders have been a problem, going to start checking out the sponsorship on this site. I’ll put a picture on here of my cart when I get a place to put my pictures to download.
Most members here avoid buggies unlimited....they wanted to sponsor here.....we turned them down.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:34 PM   #9
Warriorcoach1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Did you ever solve the issue? Jake's springs help?
Warriorcoach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:29 AM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

As you lift the rear of a swingarm style suspension like the Yamaha the rear differential and tires actually roll forward the more it is lifted.
I've never seen it but I would pay extra if some kit came with a front cradle lowering mount/bracket.
As it stands now, I usually modify the ones I install to correct the swing effect.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts