lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2018, 04:03 PM   #1
orthopod
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default EZ-GO L6 72v Beast!

I bought a 2018 easy go L6 72 V kart. This thing is built like a tank , but I was very unhappy at the speed it was throttled down to. It had unbelievable climbing power and would maintain a constant speed even when fully loaded with six adults but I was unhappy with the 17 mile an hour top end speed.

I reached out to a forum member, who graciously met me and we spent the afternoon programming my new L6.

He was able to adjust the top end speed in both rabbit and turtle mode separately . I chose a speed slow enough for my children to be able to drive independently and speed fast enough on rabbit mode that would get us through our curvy hilly neighborhood without killing ourselves .

He was able to change the torque or the start up acceleration. This thing has some serious power and went set the wheels in front and feel like they want to come up. We chose a setting that was not jerky but would accelerate quickly up to top speed .

We were able to change the regenerative Brake settings at both high-speed and low-speed on both turtle and the rabbit mode. We chose settings that assisted braking without feeling jerky or throwing passengers forward, but work toward more aggressive than factory setting. This helps a ton with braking.

He was able to change some electrical settings to maximize the carts efficiency and reduce controller errors.

This is the best modification that anyone could ever think of doing to one of the new 72 V L6 i this is the best modification that anyone could ever think of doing to one of the new 72 V L6’s.

At one point we had it in turtle mode going approximately 30 mph and I was afraid to try to switch it into rabbit mode because at 30 mph it starts getting pretty scary .

Another member was able to come out and ride along during the process. I wish I had more time to cruise around and learn more about the car but I was able to do this in between morning and afternoon patients at my office .

It’s unfortunate that EZ-GO has these things locked down, but after seeing the sheer power that this court has I know now why they do. This thing certainly is capable of doing 40 to 50 mph easily and there are people that would actually probably try that

My settings:
Rabbit: 25mph
Turtle: 16.5 mph

This cart is built like a tank, moves like no other cart I have ever driven, and is stable at 25mph as a six seater. It’s amazing going up a 12-15 degree incline at full power loaded with 6 adults and there is NO slowdown.

The batter life is also unreal. I’ve been driving it hard for 3 hours now and have half charge...
orthopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
Riso
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO L6 72v Beast!

Nice
Riso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthopod View Post
I bought a 2018 easy go L6 72 V kart. This thing is built like a tank , but I was very unhappy at the speed it was throttled down to. It had unbelievable climbing power and would maintain a constant speed even when fully loaded with six adults but I was unhappy with the 17 mile an hour top end speed.

I reached out to a forum member, who graciously met me and we spent the afternoon programming my new L6.

He was able to adjust the top end speed in both rabbit and turtle mode separately . I chose a speed slow enough for my children to be able to drive independently and speed fast enough on rabbit mode that would get us through our curvy hilly neighborhood without killing ourselves .

He was able to change the torque or the start up acceleration. This thing has some serious power and went set the wheels in front and feel like they want to come up. We chose a setting that was not jerky but would accelerate quickly up to top speed .

We were able to change the regenerative Brake settings at both high-speed and low-speed on both turtle and the rabbit mode. We chose settings that assisted braking without feeling jerky or throwing passengers forward, but work toward more aggressive than factory setting. This helps a ton with braking.

He was able to change some electrical settings to maximize the carts efficiency and reduce controller errors.

This is the best modification that anyone could ever think of doing to one of the new 72 V L6 i this is the best modification that anyone could ever think of doing to one of the new 72 V L6’s.

At one point we had it in turtle mode going approximately 30 mph and I was afraid to try to switch it into rabbit mode because at 30 mph it starts getting pretty scary .

Another member was able to come out and ride along during the process. I wish I had more time to cruise around and learn more about the car but I was able to do this in between morning and afternoon patients at my office .

It’s unfortunate that EZ-GO has these things locked down, but after seeing the sheer power that this court has I know now why they do. This thing certainly is capable of doing 40 to 50 mph easily and there are people that would actually probably try that

My settings:
Rabbit: 25mph
Turtle: 16.5 mph

This cart is built like a tank, moves like no other cart I have ever driven, and is stable at 25mph as a six seater. It’s amazing going up a 12-15 degree incline at full power loaded with 6 adults and there is NO slowdown.

The batter life is also unreal. I’ve been driving it hard for 3 hours now and have half charge...
I'm glad we had the time to dial it in exactly as you wanted. The L6 72V is an awsome machine to work with!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:25 PM   #4
orthopod
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Bob thanks.

You are definitely a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate you with your help getting this Cart up and running. If I didn’t have young kids I wanna dialed it up to 30 mph. I’ve been cruising around all afternoon at 25 miles an hour and wishing it were faster
orthopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:59 PM   #5
arrowhead
Not Yet Wild

Does it have any effect on warranty? I just bought the same cart and the dealer turned it up to 20 mph he said he could do more but it would void the warranty and if I got someone else to do it, they could tell. You are right about the power. I would like mine to do like yours, a little quicker acceleration and top speed around 25 to 30. Does speeding it up effect the range ? By the way they are great carts.
arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:47 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The dealers can only see the values at or below their access level. Everything higher than that is invisible to them. Even the factory where they are made cannot access the higher levels that I have access to. The large AC motor in the L6 is rated for 12,000 RPM. I only need to turn it up to 8,000 RPM. With the factory sized tires on the L6 72V, that means top speeds in excess of 50 MPH. So 25 or 35 MPH are relatively minor speed increases compared to the capabilities of the design.

AC motor speed is driven by the AC drive frequency. DC carts must increase voltage and current to run faster. So the controller is not being overdriven. These 72V carts are barely using their capabilities.

So while the dealers can see that a L6 is running faster, they cannot view or document how it was done. Even if they plug into the controller and try logging the speed increase for proof, it will fail to show any changes. They are totally invisible to a lower level programmer. The VCL is being told that it is still operating at stock RPM and speed. So nothing to report out of the ordinary.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
mullins6238
Not Yet Wild

Bob,
I just purchased a 2019 EZ_GO L6, 72v. I had a tech that attempted to program the controller today. He was using a Curtis Programmer. He made some progress but was having some issues getting the unit dialed in the way that I want it. It sounds like you know how to get us there. Would you be willing to help us? I look forward to your reply. Thank you!
mullins6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:21 PM   #8
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A Curtis handheld can't do what Bob does. He can't help a service person with just a handheld. Bob would need your controller or be where your cart is to work his magic. Where do you live?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:34 PM   #9
mullins6238
Not Yet Wild

Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Where does Bob live?
mullins6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:41 PM   #10
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area and he was just in Florida speeding up a L6 72v. Maybe Bob will see this and chime in.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO