lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #21
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New CC Onward

I think 30 miles is a reasonable expectation under OPTIMUM conditions. I also suspect regen on or off will make little to no difference in range per charge.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2017, 09:30 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I think 30 miles is a reasonable expectation under OPTIMUM conditions. I also suspect regen on or off will make little to no difference in range per charge.
I agree. 30 miles on a stock Precedent with two people, two golf bags, 18" tires, on primarily flat terrain. I'll give you 30 miles. But not on a lifted cart with 23" tires with a seat on the back of it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:45 PM   #23
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

This reminds me of a friend who complained his young girl could only drive his cart around the nigiborhood for two hours. She would never stop driving at about 10-15 mph, I ask him if 20-30 miles range would be pretty good, he said that would be great. Then I explained that is what his was getting. Made him happy.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:27 PM   #24
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

^^^That is the exact reason I really need a gasser....my daughter cruises non stop and I'm figuring on 1.5 - 2 hours with new batteries this year. Won't be enough for her.
04 Precedent, 6" lift, 23's and back seat. Level gravel roads at campground.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:43 PM   #25
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm a bit skeptic as well, I wouldn't think the guy would b.s. me about it but who knows. I'll find out this weekend. I planned on just driving it for a whole charge around my neighborhood so I know exactly what the range should be without being too far from home. My neighbors are going to be like WTF does this guy keep doing laps for...
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #26
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
I'm a bit skeptic as well, I wouldn't think the guy would b.s. me about it but who knows. I'll find out this weekend. I planned on just driving it for a whole charge around my neighborhood so I know exactly what the range should be without being too far from home. My neighbors are going to be like WTF does this guy keep doing laps for...
A word of caution: A good dealer will deliver the cart with fully charged batteries. Trust but verify. The state of charge (SOC) meter on the cart may indicate full but this is meaningless until verified. Do you have a digital volt meter AKA multimeter? Check the battery pack is actually fully charged using the chart below.
The batteries are expensive and you want to get the most out of them for the longest time possible. I suggest that what you are contemplating is bad for the batteries and will give you a misleading estimate of range anyway.
The accumulated wisdom on this forum along with data from battery manufacturers suggest the following:
-New batteries should be "broken" in with a series of shallow discharges and charges before being put into regular service.
-New batteries are not at rated capacity. Trojan says their batteries may not reach rated capacity for as many as 100 cycles. Other brands would be similar.
-A batteries rated capacity is measured at 80°F. They will have significantly lower useable capacity at lower temps.
-Taking the batteries down below to a very low SOC will significantly shorten their useful life. Trojan defines a charge cycle as one round of golf and then a full charge but two rounds of golf and then a charge is equivalent to THREE charge cycles.
-How you drive the cart has a large impact on range per charge. "Putting you foot" in it will noticeably shorten range as will high speed cruising. Other factors include tire pressure/construction, temperature, weight (passengers) etc.

I suggest you hold off on a test for range until the batteries are seasoned, the temp is what would be typical for cart usage along with typical weight and an average cruise speed. Use that as the baseline for future comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C U state of charge chart.jpg (59.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Trojan Temp vs Storage Capacity.jpg (81.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SoC vs Theoretical Charge cycles with Voltages.jpg (119.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-22-2017, 08:58 AM   #27
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

By the way. I'll bet there is a lot of interest in this cart. You will likely be the first so we would like lots of pictures. Also don't leave us. We want to know how it drives and your experiences over time. Everyone will be interested in what CC does about the speed code. I'm betting they will lock out SC4 but you never know.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:37 PM   #28
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
By the way. I'll bet there is a lot of interest in this cart. You will likely be the first so we would like lots of pictures. Also don't leave us. We want to know how it drives and your experiences over time. Everyone will be interested in what CC does about the speed code. I'm betting they will lock out SC4 but you never know.
Given that I'm probably the 1st, I plan on providing as much info as possible to the group. I'm a huge car guy so I've been using forums for 20 years, they are an invaluable source of information. I'll be around for as long as I own a cart... BTW thanks for the battery info. I'll be sure to check the pack voltage when it's dropped off and only run it to 70% or so for the first bunch of charge cycles to break the batteries in.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:52 PM   #29
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since you are a car guy you know the interest/value a serial makes. Curious to know what your is, hopefully for you it ends with something like 000001!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:16 PM   #30
brettontsmith
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Very interested in seeing some up close pictures as well. Just checked CC's website and under the spec's they list the following for the rear suspension "Patent pending w/ Track Bar and Automotive Grade Jounce Bumpers". Interested to know exactly what this setup looks like. The website used to list "Leaf springs with dual hydraulic shocks" for the Precedent & DS models. They don't show any pictures of the rear end, though. I know Yamaha is introducing a new IRS, so I wonder if CC is trying to keep up.
brettontsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car