lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2021, 02:57 AM   #11
Nicko773
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: BB HSKY 48v and Renogy 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by biterope View Post
Hi all,

Just upgrade to a Big Battery HSKY 48v and also installed the Renogy 500 battery monitor. All is working great but I noticed I have a constant 5w draw when not in use and key is off. Is that normal or do I have a leak somewhere?
What kind of controller do you have? Alot of newer controllers and items are blue tooth and needs to have a common hot wire to be "on" and blue tooth ready searching for a pair at all times. Ex. I can connect into my Navitas controller no matter if the key is on or off. Just a guess where your draw is coming from..
Nicko773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2021, 08:58 AM   #12
Gator1887
Not Yet Wild

How long did it take to get your order shipped from Big Battery. I have tried 3 emails and 2 voicemail in the last 2 weeks. All have been unanswered/unreturned, I was checking on status but also had a technical question about the charger.

Just curious your experience with them
Gator1887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:18 AM   #13
biterope
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko773 View Post
What kind of controller do you have? Alot of newer controllers and items are blue tooth and needs to have a common hot wire to be "on" and blue tooth ready searching for a pair at all times. Ex. I can connect into my Navitas controller no matter if the key is on or off. Just a guess where your draw is coming from..
stock controller
biterope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:19 AM   #14
biterope
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator1887 View Post
How long did it take to get your order shipped from Big Battery. I have tried 3 emails and 2 voicemail in the last 2 weeks. All have been unanswered/unreturned, I was checking on status but also had a technical question about the charger.

It took over a week for them to ship from the time I placed my order and probably another week to get here. They were pretty responsive via email.
Old 10-14-2021, 03:00 PM   #15
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator1887 View Post

I use the online chat and get great results.

It took about 2 weeks for them to "build" my pack and then another week for it to ship to me. It comes on a pallet freight, so depending on your area you might see a delay there too.

I ordered when they only offered the hsky and bdgr kits. Looking at the site now I see they have added several new items and appear to be sold out of some stuff too. Could be supply shortages hurting them as well. I'm sure they are a small company, so I try to give them the benefit of some delays as growing pains.
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:25 AM   #16
biterope
Not Yet Wild

So I decided to upgrade to a 5 wire (switched) reducer to see if that would help since the old reducer was "always on". This one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086C32FK1...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Now I get 7watt draw with the key off and 10 watts with the key on? What am I doing wrong? or is this the expected behavior? If I unplug the regulator it drops to a 3 watt draw, which I assume is the Renogy?
Old 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM   #17
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Stuff like this is why I order stuff from Site Sponsors; I can call or email them for answers and their products are typically competitively priced. I worry about "off brand" products on Amazon and such, as well as the fact that I cannot usually communicate with anyone.

That probably doesn't help the current situation, and I'm sorry. Take a look at the Site Sponsors if you have any additional items and give them a chance!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 07:37 PM   #18
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Hi all,

Just upgrade to a Big Battery HSKY 48v and also installed the Renogy 500 battery monitor. All is working great but I noticed I have a constant 5w draw when not in use and key is off. Is that normal or do I have a leak somewhere?
So did you figure out what your draw was?
UpstateNYDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 07:58 AM   #19
biterope
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYDS View Post
So did you figure out what your draw was?
It's the 12v reducer. I sent back the 5 wire and reinstalled the little 4 wire Amazon one and hung a relay so that it only turns on with the ignition switch. It still pulls 3w but I'm pretty sure that is the monitor itself.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:20 AM   #20
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
It's the 12v reducer. I sent back the 5 wire and reinstalled the little 4 wire Amazon one and hung a relay so that it only turns on with the ignition switch. It still pulls 3w but I'm pretty sure that is the monitor itself.
Just finished mine and you can see it draining with the blue 12v reducer you used. It's hooked up to switched power, but I put a meter on the switch side of the ign. switch, and it shows around 12v with key off. If I take the fuse out of the converter, or turn the switch from run to tow, it stops draining per the gauge. Did you need a special relay for 50+ volts or will any standard one do?
UpstateNYDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car