lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2021, 07:27 AM   #11
Micbad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 EZGO Project

Rims and tires arrived sooner than expected. Very fast service.

These are 15 inch rims, gloss black with 23-10.5 tires on them.

I bought them from one of our sponsors “Jason’s golf carts”.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5C628DE9-C669-46C9-B391-5FD55A08652B.jpg (221.4 KB, 0 views)
Micbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2021, 11:13 PM   #12
Micbad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Back again for another update.

I’ve had some delays at the powder coater but I have all the rest of the frame and suspension components back.

It’s assembly time. I expect some figment issues and we’ll I wasn’t disappointed - lol.

Actually everything in this picture went together really well except the shocks (kind of expected). The motor is in but not torqued yet - it’s in for mock up purposes. I wanted to check battery tray and shock & mounts fitment.

I mostly like the way it has gone together so far.

So to button up the backend I need to get the disc brakes on the back and check my clearances. I’m actually thinking (as you can see from a picture) rather than customize the drivers side shock mount (move it back away from the motor) I might have the clearance to flip the shock mount and run it outside the leaf (across it as in the photo).

I need to get the disc brakes and hubs on with a spacer set then mount the wheels and check clearance. It’s a long shot but maybe. The next alternative is modify ( extend) the current bracket to create the needed clearance. I guess a third option is ditch the coil overs in the back and go with standard shocks.

That 5KW AC motor is gargantuan.

More this weekend…

Next I’ll tackle rear discs and start the front with a Jake’s long travel kit.

If anyone has some thoughts I’m open to them.
Old 09-18-2021, 09:24 AM   #13
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Great project … thanks for sharing … I’m keen to watch your progress
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:15 PM   #14
Micbad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Update on the rear shock saga... After a day of over engineering the shocks and mounts I've determined they will work by mounting them outside the leaf spring but these shocks are just too long - with the spring compressed the best I can get them is 16 inches. Frankly, they are junk honestly.

I am sending them back, not impressed.

Back to the drawing board. The good thing is with the shick mounting plate relocated back to the top of the lea spring - regardless of the lift below the leaf spring - it will take a stock length shock. It's just a bit over 15 inches in the rear from top plate to the bottom plate.

I found another pair of coilovers that are 16 inches tip to tip. I am actually concerned they are too short for anything but a stock mounting location. Not sure if the spring will clear the Navistas motor.

I found various versions of the "stock shock" some are very short and others appears to be 18 inches fully extended down to 13/14 inches compressed.

I am going to order a stock pair I think will fit and also order these shorter coilovers and see which ones fit better.

With new heavy duty (3) leaf springs in the back the coil overs might just be overkill. I know it's an extended cart with extra steel I've added when I rebuilt the frame and it will have 275 pound Lithium - plus a much of other accessories - it might just not be heavy enough. The longer wheel base will help the ride too but lifting it and putting Jakes kit on the front / rear so it's not exactly set up like a cadilac anyway.

Well that's about it for this round of the shock saga - To be continued...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg updated rear shock.jpg (124.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-09-2021, 10:38 PM   #15
Micbad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exciting progress, mostly due to finally having my missing parts…
Old 10-13-2021, 11:45 AM   #16
Eric H.
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Very nice work. I love the Illusion Powder colors too. Very user friendly for the novice powder coater like myself.
Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom build, ezgo, restoration, stretched cart, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides