lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
oldgringo1948
Not Yet Wild

Default Yellow battery light going off and on with new fully charged batteries

We spend the winters in Mexico Last year I bought a 1998 48volt Club car with the OBC bypassed.The charger had been converted to use a timer to charge the batteries...needless to say that is a horrible idea and the batteries lasted me about a month after I bought the cart. This year I bought 6 new Trojan 8 volt batteries and a new DPI charger and I also bought and installed a Curtis bar meter...Everything worked great..The DPI charger started up perfectly and gives the batteries a full charge and every time I get to the cart barn the green fully charged light is on. The Curtis bar meter shows the one bar at the far right and moves down one bar with two guys in the cart after 12 to 13 holes and with one person in the cart I can get 18 holes with out the bar moving. Yesterday after 1 month of carefree operation after about 6 holes the yellow battery light started coming on...The Curtis meter was still on the far right hand side and the cart still had all the power it had for the last month...I finished the round and plugged in the cart..I returned 3 hours later and the green light was on the charger ...I took my multi tester and checked the battery pack and it showed just over 50 volts, I then checked each battery and they all had the same reading of over 8 volts.
I checked the wiring on the yellow battery light and all looks OK
I have a couple of questions ...Can this problem be just a faulty signal because the OBC is bypassed or do I have a problem with my batteries? Also if it is a faulty signal is it a bad idea to just disconnect the annoying light?
I sure would appreciate any thought on this from you guys.
Thanks Oldgringo.
P.S. next year I'm bringing down one of Scotties digital meters!
oldgringo1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
oldgringo1948
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yellow battery light going off and on with new fully charged batteries

it fixed it self...thanks for all the help!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yellow battery light going off and on with new fully charged batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgringo1948 View Post
it fixed it self

. . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

??????????????????????
It must be Santas elves are doing side work
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
oldgringo1948
Not Yet Wild

I'll have to look at it that way ...Thanks Santa!
But for some reason I keep thinking it could have been a nasty elf that might have caused the problem in the first place.
Merry Christmas to all !
oldgringo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car