lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2019, 12:25 AM   #701
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: The officially official Cougar Scooter build thread

I bought the same switch and got it working OK, never got the hi/lo headlight function to work. It isn't wired for hi/lo. I added a couple relays and a foot stomp switch and problem solved. Something like 'EPI' products. Every unit sold got bad reviews since no wiring diagram. I think they are seconds in that they have 8 leads, and need 9. That's why no diagram....IMHO...
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2019, 09:29 PM   #702
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
I bought the same switch and got it working OK, never got the hi/lo headlight function to work. It isn't wired for hi/lo. I added a couple relays and a foot stomp switch and problem solved. Something like 'EPI' products. Every unit sold got bad reviews since no wiring diagram. I think they are seconds in that they have 8 leads, and need 9. That's why no diagram....IMHO...

Right?!?!? How can you not supply a wiring diagram? I found the same. Lights are lights, not driving and other.

Was great taking the cart to the store again though. I cruised on the main road and kept up with traffic, albeit having a better time with a better stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:02 AM   #703
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’ve put the same switch on a few carts, but always with a kit. I’ve never tried to break down the wiring. Nice work!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:52 PM   #704
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Here’s the latest:

I have been mulling over for a while the idea of the squirt guns on the front, and have had the led/strobe nozzles mounted for several months with no advancement. I decided to change that.

I ordered a windshield washer bottle and pump on amazon for $20.

The idea was to mount them as close as possible to the nozzles so that the squirt is as instant as possible when the button on the turn signal stalk (reserves for a horn but will be used as a trigger) is pressed. To mount it, I cut a piece of wood to glue to the inside of the body in the front.

I then painted it black and drilled pilot holes for the mount.

Then I put a tee fitting and tubes to go to each nozzle. Also mounted the controller for the strobes/LEDs.

I tested the system out and it all works great, but the problem is the nozzles. They put out a fan spray pattern and I was hoping for a stream. I ground down the nozzles with a dremel and it helped, but now they hit the inside of the headlight buckets and drips down. I realized that I’m not bound to use these nozzles, so I started looking into alternatives. I found a lot of brass nozzles used for 3D printers that has 6 different nozzle sizes that might work for $7. For that price, it is worth a shot. Literally.

Anyways, the other problem is the noise. I wanted to have the squirting accompanied by a machine gun sound. I thought of multiple ways to accomplish this. First, I thought I would hook up a speaker and an amplifier with an MP3 player, but this would require a lot of fab and would have to be somewhat water resistant. Then I thought of using Boom Blaster’s mp3 horn. You can load it with whatever sound you put on a usb drive. Problem is, it plays the whole sound when you press the button once. If you hold the button down, it just plays whatever you load until it is finished. Then I thought a motor with a striker mounted to the shaft that hits a tin can would work, and be a fun project. Then it hit me. Use a 12v alarm bell and replace the bell with something that sounds less like ringing and more like a gun firing. I got this on amazon for $20.

It’s not super loud, but I will play with different things for the striker to hit to see if I can get the right sound.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:54 PM   #705
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Ok, so I’m abandoning the mechanical sound. I found that a tuna can was the exact same circumference as the bell. It was closer to the sound I want, but the hammer moved so fast it buzzed more than rattled.

I added weight to the hammer to slow it down, but it still didn’t reproduce the sound I wanted. I got the boom blasters horn that allows me to load whatever sound I want via mp3 and a usb connection. Given current events, everybody I talk to agrees that a true machine gun sound at 90db is a bad idea. I might stir up some chaos. I loaded a Star Wars laser shooting sound and am happy with it.

I moved on to testing different nozzles. I ordered a pair of Porsche rear window washers because of the bad reviews they got. “It shot over my car!” Just what I was looking for. In the end, the 3D 1mm printer nozzle shot the farthest. Now, how do I optimize them? I decided that ice maker water line would be best, and I happened to have some. I drilled a hole in the body near the lights that strobe.

Some gentle heat with the torch and a little reaming with a screwdriver allowed the nozzles to thread in with no problems.

Now I just have to wire up everything so it all coincides with a press of the button on the turn signal stalk.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:33 AM   #706
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Your a mean, MEAN man! ... I love it!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #707
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

It’s been a while since the last update. How’s that cart running? One of my favorite builds of all time [emoji106]
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides