lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
Ezgoesit
Not Yet Wild

Default This clutch fits an EZGO

My question is which one. I have an 82 and was wandering if it would fit. Its stamped EZGO on the "dust cover?" I slid it on the crank, but I was not sure if the tapper matched up. Thanks

David

Last edited by Ezgoesit; 11-15-2007 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: guess a pic would help
Ezgoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
Ezgoesit
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: This clutch fits an EZGO

Ok, I know I didn't give a lot of info to go on. There isn't much more that I know about it. The bolt hole that goes through it is larger than my existing drive clutch. There are the usual lawyer warnings stamped on it, thats about it.

David
Old 11-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I have no idea. It looks similar to a newer Ezgo clutch. I would say ok if it actually fits the shaft and will lock in place ok. What's wrong with your original clutch? Maybe it could be rebuilt.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

If it fits the shaft tight, I would try it.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
Ezgoesit
Not Yet Wild

Hey spriddle and newguy. Although it does fit the shaft, I am not sure that it locks in place. But now that you say that, I would differently have to get another bolt and washer. I'm not going to chance it. I am rebuilding the buggy and will either get my clutch worked on or buy another. When I first bought the cart (2 months ago), it went up hills just fine. I started doing research on it and found this site among others. Then I started to look the cart over with a more educated eye and decided to change out the drive belt. Thats where it went south. I started to have problems going up hills. The motor seemed to run like usual but start to bog down to-wards the top. I would have to get out of the throttle about 3/4 the way up and let the clutches catch up or stop then take off again. If I just stay into the throttle, the cart will slow to a chug until it tops the hill. The drive clutch looks like its been on a while. But, keep in mind I am a newby, I looked the clutch over very closely. All the thingys inside look to be in the same place. None missing or rattling around. The only thing that concerns me is the groove made by the belt about in the middle of the sheave.

The driven clutch looks fairly new, although it is missing 1 ramp button. The rest look fine, no grooving, the sheaves move in and out and the bushing is tight on the input shaft.

I was thinking of sending them both to Tom and have him look them over and repair them as necessary (I think they repair them) and while he had them, get them machined as well. I haven't decided on a lift yet. The only off roading that I do is cutting across vacant lots down at the lake, LOL. Other than that, its gravel. I would like to run some bigger tires. At least 20 inch'ers. I need to get that thread started on my rebuild before I get it done! LOL.
Thanks for the help

David

Old 11-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Sounds good. And let Tom check them out. Thanks for the pic's. Keep them coming. Look foward to more. This cart will look good lifted.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:02 PM   #7
NetMXer
Gone Wild

If you do get the clutches worked on, make sure to post a message and let us know what you think. I'm curious how much difference it makes in performance.
NetMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:21 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I have heard nothing but good things about clutches reworked by Tom at CPP.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO