lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2020, 03:06 PM   #11
Ricodattoli
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrades

Ok just rechecked it today. I’m getting about 32v between B+ & M- and about 48v between B+ & B-
Ricodattoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2020, 05:03 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricodattoli View Post
Ok just rechecked it today. I’m getting about 32v between B+ & M- and about 48v between B+ & B-
Looks like the controller is only going to about 66% throttle. Motor voltage (M- to B+) equals Battery voltage (B- to B+) when throttle is at 100%.

Check the ITS voltage between the black and white wires at the controller. Should be 10V with pedal up and 6V with pedal down.

Also, if you have already done so, replace the in-line connector at the end of the gray cable from the pedal box with individual butt-splices or solder joints and waterproof with marine grade (adhesive filled) shrink tubing.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #13
Ricodattoli
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK I will check the voltage when I get home. I emailed Alltrax, The technician said that if I have anything connected to pin 4 that could be the issue. If so he told me to disconnect it to see if the cart goes faster if so then I can be in microswitch Activating wrong or possibly bad. I do have the orange wire from the original harness connected to pin for I thought that was for a half speed in reverse. I will disconnect it when I get home and check to see if I get an increase in speed.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:39 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
OK I will check the voltage when I get home. I emailed Alltrax, The technician said that if I have anything connected to pin 4 that could be the issue. If so he told me to disconnect it to see if the cart goes faster if so then I can be in microswitch Activating wrong or possibly bad. I do have the orange wire from the original harness connected to pin for I thought that was for a half speed in reverse. I will disconnect it when I get home and check to see if I get an increase in speed.
The orange wire's purpose is for 1/2 speed in reverse, but it is activated by a microswitch on the F/R assembly and that microswitch does go bad occasionally.

However, the same microswitch triggers the reverse beeper and if your reverse beeper works and isn't sounding all the time, MS-4 is probably good.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:10 PM   #15
Ricodattoli
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I’m getting about 8v up and about 6v down. The pedal box looks really clean no corrosion anywhere. I disconnected the orange wire to pin 4 and no difference. I emailed Scottyb about this he suggested the F/R might be bad? It’s new with No issues before this conversion.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:18 PM   #16
Ricodattoli
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here’s a pic of the pedal box
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5BF7D470-7D74-45C2-84F4-CC469B98C488.jpg (201.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-27-2020, 06:57 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Going from 8V down to 6V is only half the normal span of 10V down to 6V, so something is amiss with the throttle.

Check the voltage between pins 2 and 4 on the AXE with the wires off. Should be well over 10V when pedal is pushed. (IIRC, it ought to be about 14V or so, but I might be wrong. Best to ask Alltrax what the open circuit ITS voltage should be.)
Old 10-27-2020, 07:16 PM   #18
Ricodattoli
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Between pin2&4 with pedal pushed Is 13.6v
Old 10-28-2020, 09:24 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Between pin2&4 with pedal pushed Is 13.6v
I fumble fingered the keyboard.
The ITS wires connect to pins 2 and 3 on an AXE (Pin-4 is 1/2 speed)

Sorry about that.

What is the voltage between 2 and 3?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE-NPX in EZGO.jpg (258.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-28-2020, 02:56 PM   #20
Ricodattoli
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Between pin 2-3 is 13v
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO