lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #1
Lowcountrygamecock
Not Yet Wild

Default What to look for in new ezgo cart

I have a 97 lifted ezgo that I’m looking to replace for Christmas. I’d like something a little faster than I have now (current cart runs 16-1 without sacrificing torque (current cart is terrible on hills). I live near Myrtle beach so there are cart shops selling lifted carts all over the place but I have no idea what I’m looking for. Only thing I really know I want a late model, 48 volt, lifted cart. What do I need to look for as far as model or options?
Lowcountrygamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2019, 07:59 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What to look for in new ezgo cart

instead of getting a new cart....why don't you modify/upgrade your current one? new controller, upgrade to 48v, etc....
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:44 AM   #3
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowcountrygamecock View Post
I have a 97 lifted ezgo that I’m looking to replace for Christmas. I’d like something a little faster than I have now (current cart runs 16-1 without sacrificing torque (current cart is terrible on hills). I live near Myrtle beach so there are cart shops selling lifted carts all over the place but I have no idea what I’m looking for. Only thing I really know I want a late model, 48 volt, lifted cart. What do I need to look for as far as model or options?
I would go with an RXV and let Bob Work his magic. These carts will do a lot without any hardware upgrades.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:31 AM   #4
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Welcome
Talk to the natives, find out what cart is most popular in your area, Stay with the Big 3, When you buy from a Golf Cart Shop you will be purchasing their expertise & Warranty. Inquire when & who lifted the cart, inspect it closely to ensure its not a home made kit.
Demand new Batteries & Full Cable set on any used carts, negotiate on service & warranty, Use you cart as a in. When there is more than one Golf Cart shop in town, the customer can demand more.
Goog Luck....
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:32 AM   #5
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Welcome
Talk to the natives, find out what cart is most popular in your area, Stay with the Big 3, When you buy from a Golf Cart Shop you will be purchasing their expertise & Warranty. Inquire when & who lifted the cart, inspect it closely to ensure its not a home made kit.
Demand new Batteries & Full Cable set on any used carts, negotiate on service & warranty, Use you cart as a in. When there is more than one Golf Cart shop in town, the customer can demand more.
Goog Luck....
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:46 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Sir Nuke has something to consider if you want to spend less $$$ and get more oomph out of your existing txt. OTOH, if your time is tight and your wanting to upgrade and fear the mechanics of it, I can understand selling your existing cart and upgrading.

The year of your cart isn't all that important. Mine is a 2000 so it's now 19 years old......but it's a fine unit and has provide me with ten years of great service. I see no problems with me getting another ten years out of it.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:58 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I much prefer the newer 48v TXT48 model over the old stuff. The long stack stock motor makes a lot more torque than the old 36v carts ever dreamed of.
If the tires are not too big, All this cart needs is a controller/solenoid combo to gain 30% torque and make 22-25 mph depending upon tire size. Speaking of tire size taller tires increase the gear ratio which reduces torque. So do not, DO NOT, select the cart with the biggest tires when shopping around.
Good luck and enjoy the upgrades.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:09 PM   #8
Lowcountrygamecock
Not Yet Wild

My old cart is working fine but I don't want to put any more money into upgrading it. The batteries are still ok so I want to sell it before I have to replace them again and I will price it accordingly. I have a friend that builds carts that's going to customize one for me. He wants to know if I want a txt or rxv and I don't know what to tell him. He recommended a txt pds but it sounds like those haven't been made for a few years?
Old 11-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #9
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowcountrygamecock View Post
My old cart is working fine but I don't want to put any more money into upgrading it. The batteries are still ok so I want to sell it before I have to replace them again and I will price it accordingly. I have a friend that builds carts that's going to customize one for me. He wants to know if I want a txt or rxv and I don't know what to tell him. He recommended a txt pds but it sounds like those haven't been made for a few years?
I would do RXV 2012.5 or newer that has curtis controller
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #10
Lowcountrygamecock
Not Yet Wild

48V or 36V?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO