lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #11
jacobsond
Getting Wild

Default Re: zip tie mod

If I was the only one to drive my cart I would bypass the governor. That being said I wont bypass the governor because I cannot guarantee that on of the kids or brother in laws wont drive it. The governor stays on. Good luck to you.
jacobsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Depending on tire size, if you keep it under about 4,000 rpm you should be able to get 25 or so I think is what other people have said. Running higher rpm than that tends to greatly shorten the fun time. Haven’t personally messed with any of that because all my carts are fleet carts, and I have them slowed down around 10-12 on purpose.

If you can deal with some shaking at low rpm you can pull the motor apart, remove the balance weight and link rods, pop it back together and spin around 5,500-6,000 rpm. That will get you into the 30s easy.

The 290s are capable, but once you get to the highest ratio with the clutches the only thing that makes it faster is rpm, and the FE motors just aren’t set up to spin, but they can with some internal mods.

Gears will get you faster speed with a reduction in torque off the line.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:40 PM   #13
raggdoll
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Depending on tire size, if you keep it under about 4,000 rpm you should be able to get 25 or so I think is what other people have said. Running higher rpm than that tends to greatly shorten the fun time. Haven’t personally messed with any of that because all my carts are fleet carts, and I have them slowed down around 10-12 on purpose.

If you can deal with some shaking at low rpm you can pull the motor apart, remove the balance weight and link rods, pop it back together and spin around 5,500-6,000 rpm. That will get you into the 30s easy.

The 290s are capable, but once you get to the highest ratio with the clutches the only thing that makes it faster is rpm, and the FE motors just aren’t set up to spin, but they can with some internal mods.

Gears will get you faster speed with a reduction in torque off the line.
Thanks man! I found a tach and have it on order.
raggdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:54 PM   #14
evorob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggdoll View Post
Thanks! I'm going to try it.

Im 60, been around speed toys all my life, the last 20 years with modded Vettes. I'd rarely hit the limiter as I paid attention to my shifts and engine sound. So I'm confident Ill know when over revving and when to let off...

That being said, who has done this mod ( zip tie + bypass rev limiter) and were you happy with the results? What top end speed did you safely attain?

Thanks in advance!!!

Late to this party as I travelled to the Dark Side & picked up a G29
But my heart is still with the DS Carts...
I did in fact do the zip tie mod on my old cart & bypassed the rev limiter...
Ran good, & plenty fast, but sometimes would “diesel” a little instead of turning off right away upon stopping...
Drove me nuts, so I hooked it back up & never looked back...
Everyone’s cart who I work on loves the results from zip tie mod, right before it triggers the rev limiter
I HIGHLY recommend doing it that way[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
evorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:00 PM   #15
RED 92CC GAS
Getting Wild
Club Car

I recommend Tiny tach.9
RED 92CC GAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:33 PM   #16
Levelwings
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Is the loosening of the bolt and cranking the pin method a better way than the zip tie method?
Levelwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car