lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: wiring diagrams for Zeva BMS and Leaf

somfas, before You buy anything else (gigavac, etc), make sure you have formulated a plan on how to set it up.

None of the diagrams posted will directly apply to You, they are intended to give you ideas on implementation.

The diagrams posted for Frank Ronquillo don't provide any HV or LV protection for charge or discharge (at least it is not shown) and it also uses a Hall effect Solid state throttle, not an MCOR or equivalent and 12v at the key switch.

The EVMS3 has an auto-sleep function so no need for an external "sleep switch".

The main design concern with that EVMS3 BMS is the requirement for a 12v supply, so if using a DC-DC converter, it needs to be powered all the time or the BMS can not function or wake up.

You could power the DC-DC converter separately and add an inline switch for when you want to power OFF the converter for long term storage.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #22
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
Thanks for the info! I will get with Ian and ask about the sleep mode. I suppose I will order the Gigavac GV240 from him (??). Is that what you used? You just hook it up in line from the main pack to the main solenoid before the controller? Did you install a fuse between the gigavac and controller? How big? I'll have up to 83v through it. Thanks!
Personally I wouldn't build a pack without basic protections in place. I will have a way to manually isolate the pack via a Anderson SB-175 or a maintenance disconnect switch. A contactor or solenoid to allow the BMS to automatically isolate the pack in the event a High or Low Voltage condition is detected. Your going to also want to add a 400amp fuse to protect the pack against a short.

I looked at the specs for the Gigavac GV-240 and it looks like it only has options for 12, 24 and 48v coils so I don't think that it will work for you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 48v Gigavac "N" model (internal PWM) operates from 32v up to 95v.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:13 PM   #24
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks! Will call Gigavac about that and make sure I get one that will work for my cart.

Will a 400amp fuse be good enough or should I go higher since my cart is heavier and 72v?

Will 8awg Rockford Fosgate wire from a stereo install work in place of the 10awg wire or is that insulation not sufficient? (I remember reading on here about getting good insulated wire)

Thanks
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:35 PM   #25
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The 48v Gigavac "N" model (internal PWM) operates from 32v up to 95v.
Good to know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium