lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #11
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New solenoid bad?

You don't connect both small terminals to 12 volts. One is ground
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #12
jeremy93ls
Not Yet Wild

What I should have said was, I connected one small post to the positive side of a 12v battery and the other small post to the negative.
jeremy93ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

If you did that and nothing then the solenoid is not working. I just take a jumper and connect one end to battery and the other end to small terminal and it should click. The one right next to the small terminal that has the ground wire on it.

You can take these solenoids apart. Bend the tabs back and most of the time someone has tried removing those small nuts and they break the solder lose inside. . I just use my soldering gun and mend them back
Old 10-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I am working on one almost like the one you have right now. It is in my shop about 15 feet from my computer as I type.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #15
jeremy93ls
Not Yet Wild

I guess they don't make em like they used to Maybe I'll crack into the old one to see what it looks like inside.

I'll attempt to return this one to the seller and buy another one. I'll know now to test it before hooking it up.

Thank you both for your help!
Old 10-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #16
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I just noticed your picture. Don't think you can take this one apart. They changed the style on these in the early 90's to the one I would talking about.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #17
jeremy93ls
Not Yet Wild

What a bummer. The company I purchased from originally sent me a replacement free of charge. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

I even watched a few youtube videos to make sure I'm not a complete idiot.

The lesson here is "don't buy the cheapest solenoid"

I'm going to spring for a different manufacturer. These must have been assembled on a Friday close to quitting time.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #18
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I think you got something else wrong. You sure you got it connected correct ?
Old 10-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #19
jeremy93ls
Not Yet Wild

Here's how I've tried both solenoids:

-(measured/tested) 12v battery connected to each small post and got no clicking (tried swapping small posts with no difference)

-while small posts were connected, added 12v to big post and got no click or voltage reading at the other big post. also swapped 12v to other big post and measured other big post with no luck.

I understand that all I'm trying to do is get the internal mechanism to relay power from the 12v source at one big post to the other big post, but nothing I try in any combination makes the solenoid click or give power to the other big post. I think the cheapest Chinese part I bought was never tested and is just bad.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:18 PM   #20
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I will try and find time to check the one I got tomorrow. It is just like the one you have. I will post back results. Just to make sure you have it connected correct even though you probably do.

Tags
ezgo, gas, gxt, solenoid, workhorse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO