lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2022, 11:17 AM   #1
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for best bang for the buck in 48v lithium conversion would these work?

48v 60ah pack is only us$1000.
would this make a decent golf cart upgrade?
or are there better cheap options? trying not to spend crazy money on my old 1997 club car ds with worn out lead acid batteries. thanks!

C$ 217.86 35%OFF | 12V 24V 48V 60V LiFePO4 Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery With BMS 40 80 100 120 240 320Ah For Golf Cart EV RV Solar Energy Storage
]
Ottawaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2022, 01:31 PM   #2
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Looking for best bang for the buck in 48v lithium conversion would these work?

or what is best bang for the buck in 48v with at least 40ah or more? thanks
Old 01-13-2022, 01:43 PM   #3
cclocke
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Looking for best bang for the buck in 48v lithium conversion would these work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawaphil View Post
or what is best bang for the buck in 48v with at least 40ah or more? thanks
Everyone is different, but personally I'd be pretty scared about buying lithium batteries from Aliexpress. The only things I've ever bought from there are $5 headphones, fake raybans, and fake NFL jerseys.

FYI I'm looking into purchase lithium batteries. You can get 48v 30ah batteries for $750 from Plowmans, and then a charger for $300, so all in at 60ah at $1800. Personally, I'm leaning towards eco battery, below.

https://ecobattery.com/products/48v-...m-txt-bundle-b
cclocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:51 PM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I don't think you would be happy with the 60ah. You will spend more on lithium, but they should last 10-15 years (compared to 5-7 yrs for FLA batteries), no water, acid, corrosion and loss of a lot of weight. I would stick with more reputable supplier.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:23 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Many Chinese suppliers are shipping used or B grade batteries claiming they are new. Search the internet and you will find many stories about these unreliable suppliers. If they are cheaper, you can be pretty sure that they are inferior too.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:33 PM   #6
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

ok will skip china.
how about two of these?
Old 01-13-2022, 02:46 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
ok will skip china.
how about two of these?
You really want 8+ year old batteries? They are good when new but a bit hard to work with for a cart. You would have to figure a way to parallel the cells and add a BMS. I have used Nissan Leaf modules - much easier to work with but also only available in used condition.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:57 PM   #8
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

just trying not to spend $2k on a 25 year old cart... if its going to be that much i might just buy new lead batteries...
ok will skip the volt packs too thanks for info
Old 01-13-2022, 03:08 PM   #9
cclocke
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
just trying not to spend $2k on a 25 year old cart... if its going to be that much i might just buy new lead batteries...
ok will skip the volt packs too thanks for info
I'm having the same dilemma, but you can always transfer the battery to another cart. I was just quoted over 1K for 6 new trojan T-875s, so either way you are taking a bath.
cclocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 04:16 PM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You are looking at at least 2X the cost of good FLA batteries for a good Lithium solution. IMO it's worth it if you plan to keep the cart much more than 5 years. I paid $1500 for my used Leaf battery modules. (14 of them) I then built my own BMS and installed everything myself. Most will pay for a drop-in solution - and don't forget you need a different charger.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium