lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
joej85a
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 RXV motor noise question

hey gang, I bit the bullet and got a newer cart from a local EZgo dealer. It is a 2011 RXV, 4 12v trojan setup (i know, i have read about this issue but its not my main question), lights, etc, all the normal upgrades. It currently has a 6 month warranty on the cart and given that i have never had a newer cart i have a quick question. I am getting a weird clicking/crunching/grinding noise out of the back only under one scenario: when I am moving and the throttle is "neutral". What i mean by that is say I am traveling at 10mph on a flat surface, and i do not move my foot, but hold the throttle steady, when the cart gets up to speed for the amount of throttle i have given it, and it is almost like it is coasting, I get this clicking grinding horrible sound out of the back at the motor. If i give it more throttle and it start accelerating, it immediately goes away and there is no noise. If i let off the throttle and let the cart slow down to catch up with where i am holding the throttle, it will start again. It is almost like the controller and motor don't know if it should be giving it power, or braking, almost like it is in limbo, and it sounds bad. Is this normal for the RXV's due to motor braking, etc.? I don't want to load it up and take it back over if it is normal to the cart. I have done some reading here with people that noted the engine brake as causing grinding, but i dont think mine is a brake issue.

Thanks all!
joej85a is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2015, 02:34 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 RXV motor noise question

Sounds like a input shaft/bearing issue to me.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:59 PM   #3
Cwheels333
Not Yet Wild

Hey Joe. I know this is a old post but I am having the exact same issue and was wondering if you found the cure. I have a 2013 RZV and get the same noise if the motor is not under load (not accelerating or braking but "coasting"). Just trying to find out if this is normal or I need to replace something to prevent and serious damage.

If anyone else has had this issue please reply. It's driving me crazy lol.
Cwheels333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:55 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

I have fixed alot with input shaft bearings, but sometimes the input shaft has to be done as well. Hey, you know where it would have been easy to pour that oil, in the input shaft hole.....
Old 07-14-2017, 08:41 AM   #5
Cwheels333
Not Yet Wild

Thanks CG. How hard is it to replace the input shaft and bearings? Do you need a special tool to pull it out?
Old 07-14-2017, 09:59 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Snap ring pliers. And a new seal to replace the on removed. The hardest part is getting the heavy motor out of the way.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #7
Cwheels333
Not Yet Wild

Ok cool. I just didn't know if the bearings were pressed in or not. Thanks again! You have been extremely helpful.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:27 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Well, yes, the bearings are pressed on the input shaft. I was talking about "how hard is it to remove the input shaft".
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO