lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #1
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Default rxv motor brake install

I'm installing a new motor brake on an 2010 rxv. I first got a new motor for this cart as I was told it was bad. When installing the old brake it did not line up with the three holes. I finally wedged it up enough to start all three bolts then slid it into place. Once I installed the unit as a whole it worked for about 2 minutes before I could smell something burning and it start to slow. It was the old motor brake I guessed it had failed and been the reason the previous motor burned out. (customer driving it with sticking brake). I now have a new brake and for the life of me can not get the holes to line up properly. Is there a trick to doing it with the motor already installed in car or should I pull the motor and try as I did the stock brake?
Jkirby891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: rxv motor brake install

There are several threads that thoroughly cover installing rxv brake. Do a little searching with the search bar at the top right of this page. And be sure to not overtighten the brake bolts.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #3
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

cgtech

You are correct with some digging I have found some other threads. It seems you are the one giving the most credible info in all of them. I see to align properly or time. You must put cart in tow and switch to neutral. Will this help me with aligning the the bolt holes?
Old 06-01-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

How can you tell if the solenoid is causing the lock up issue or key switch?

From what I am reading this could be whats causing the autobrake problem from the get.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Well, I have yet to see a failed keyswitch as the cause of brake problems. But it is very often blamed.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:08 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Only the very earliest solenoid was a source of problems. (It was a tiny little White/Rogers). Look at your solenoid, if it is a Trombetta, it's likely NOT bad. Another way to identify is "does my solenoid have 4 threaded terminals on it (Trombetta), or only 2 (white/Rogers)?"
Old 07-14-2017, 09:04 PM   #7
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Only the very earliest solenoid was a source of problems. (It was a tiny little White/Rogers). Look at your solenoid, if it is a Trombetta, it's likely NOT bad. Another way to identify is "does my solenoid have 4 threaded terminals on it (Trombetta), or only 2 (white/Rogers)?"

thanks cg tech after following your proper install instruction I got this cart working perfectly. All issues were a result of me rushing the process on install and not following proper procedure.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:52 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Glad it's fixed, and glad no damage done by hasty install.

Tags
rxv motor brake fail
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO