lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
DD1229
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2010 Yamaha YDRA3 questions

Looking on craigs list this week seems a golf course is selling of everything
(closing I guess). They have a listing for 30 of these "2010 Yamaha YDRA3 golf carts". i want to know other than condition is there any way to tell how many hrs are on one, what a fair price would be and if this would be a good base to build upon to start with (lift kit, tires and ability to get more speed ect). If anyone knows what motor is in this cart and is it reliable would appreciate any wisdom from those who know.
As always thanks in advance DD
DD1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 Yamaha YDRA3 questions

motor is the same after it replaced the g-1 2 stroke
and was used in the g-2 thru the g-29 4 strokes
the motor just got bigger over time to 350cc used in yours
yamaha motors are NOT a problem area

problem area is the team clutch's and inside the axle brakes in the team rear end
solution is rebuild the clutchs or replace them
and add front brakes to minimize use of the inside the rear end rear brakes
newer and the first g-29's didNOT use the team axle and are a better pick

golf course carts will be used far more then private carts
look at worn / used areas petals switches tyres belts shocks ect
jack up the front and check for play in bearings or steering links

list on base carts was about 5k with large buyers getting a discount in 2010
a ruff cart should be close to 1k maybe under if real ruff
a better good cart about 1.5 to 2k
and a perfect one about 2.5 to 3k if it looks like new
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:46 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nota View Post
motor is the same after it replaced the g-1 2 stroke
and was used in the g-2 thru the g-29 4 strokes
the motor just got bigger over time to 350cc used in yours
yamaha motors are NOT a problem area

problem area is the team clutch's and inside the axle brakes in the team rear end
solution is rebuild the clutchs or replace them
and add front brakes to minimize use of the inside the rear end rear brakes
newer and the first g-29's didNOT use the team axle and are a better pick

golf course carts will be used far more then private carts
look at worn / used areas petals switches tyres belts shocks ect
jack up the front and check for play in bearings or steering links

list on base carts was about 5k with large buyers getting a discount in 2010
a ruff cart should be close to 1k maybe under if real ruff
a better good cart about 1.5 to 2k
and a perfect one about 2.5 to 3k if it looks like new
Nah! Incorrect info is worse than none at all....
Yamaha made 2 distinctively different 4-cycle engines for golf carts (G2-G14 style, and G16-G29 style, with G22 and newer being 357cc).

All Drives had Team axle from 2007-2014, even the early ones. 2015 & newer are back to Dana/schaffer (like G22). The Team axle with Team clutches is known for going through belts pretty quick, so best to get a good HD belt from Plowmans or Gboost. Yamaha offers no bushings or repair parts for the Team clutches, only new complete clutches, or whatever you can find in aftermarket.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:33 PM   #4
Doug73
Not Yet Wild

Keep in mind Yamaha "gold plates" their parts, so be prepared to open the wallet.

I have found the front ends are almost always weak on every Yammy I have had. If the front tires don't appear to be right when looking at them from the front, stay away....

You would be best finding an EZGO or Club Car, but that is only my opinion. I find the Yamahas wear out a lot quicker than others.
Doug73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #5
DD1229
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

appreciate the response I do more reading than posting and saw posts that club car motors run in a different direction and this is problematic ?. and read that the newer ezgo's have issues with the 13 hp motor they seem to use ?, If this is not correct please elaborate. I sold my sparky cart to try gas and just want to get it right the first time. Wishlist would be lifted 4 passenger cart that on flat ground would approach 30 mph and enough torque to keep the speed loss on a hill to a minimum any suggestions on carts, setups, and mods would be great.
Thanks DD.
DD1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug73 View Post
Keep in mind Yamaha "gold plates" their parts, so be prepared to open the wallet.

I have found the front ends are almost always weak on every Yammy I have had. If the front tires don't appear to be right when looking at them from the front, stay away....

You would be best finding an EZGO or Club Car, but that is only my opinion. I find the Yamahas wear out a lot quicker than others.
Wow....that was helpfull
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:54 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1229 View Post
appreciate the response I do more reading than posting and saw posts that club car motors run in a different direction and this is problematic ?. and read that the newer ezgo's have issues with the 13 hp motor they seem to use ?, If this is not correct please elaborate. I sold my sparky cart to try gas and just want to get it right the first time. Wishlist would be lifted 4 passenger cart that on flat ground would approach 30 mph and enough torque to keep the speed loss on a hill to a minimum any suggestions on carts, setups, and mods would be great.
Thanks DD.
30 mph in a lifted car is kinda scary, even if you have just "semi agressive" tires. Alighnment, camber and other suspenssion components would need to be "on the money". Good luck on your build
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:54 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yeah, just go get a Clubcar gas..... Good luck finding that unicorn.. When you get it, Step one, rebuild the entire front suspension... Ezgo's solution to any clutch problem is "just buy 2 new clutches".... Sounds even better, right? The Team clutches are the lowest $ ones around. My lifted G2 does 30mph, and thats fast enough for me (with my current suspension).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #9
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I personal opinion is that yamaha carts look the best, have the smoothest ride, are the most dependable, and still have good resale values. All brands and models have there quirks but as long as it's maintained properly and mot abused should last 30 years! Look at all the G1 carts still on these forums if that says anything
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:12 AM   #10
Doug73
Not Yet Wild

Seems I hit a nerve with the Yammi fans...LOL...sorry guys! Like I said, its only my opinion and my experience is the Club Cars and EZGOs hold up better and parts don't cost near as much...now keep in mind, I am here in CANADA. And all carts here are selling fast.....I am close to out of stock right now having sold 7 this month already.

And here, the gas Club Cars and EZGOs are more readily available than Yamahas.....and both sell faster as well. Where I am at, they are not popular carts.
Doug73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha