lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
Trooper581
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 09 Club Car goes forward but reverse buzzer not sounding and won't go backwards

I purchased an electric, 2009 Club Car Precedent, 48V yesterday (4/27/15). It has new batteries manufactured in April 2014. I drove it for about 10 minutes without any problems. It went forward, backwards and the buzzer alarm worked fine. I washed it at the car wash, brought it home and drove it forward and backward (w/ alarm sounding). I left it parked for approximately 30 minutes. I put the switch in reverse and the buzzer did not sound and it would not go backwards but would still go forward. I did notice that when the key was in the "off" position and I switched the rocker switch to reverse, the buzzer would sound. As soon as I switch the key to the "on" position the buzzer would shut off. Am I correct in thinking I need a new rocker switch? Any help is appreciated as this is my first electric cart so I'm at a lose.

Thanks,
Adam
Trooper581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 09 Club Car goes forward but reverse buzzer not sounding and won't go backwards

You probably still have water somewhere in the wires that is causing that.

If the FNR switch was bad, it would not make any difference if the key switch was on or off.

Just put the car on Tow and wait long enough for all the moisture to dry out.

In the future, be careful with excess water around the FNR switch and anywhere that can make its way to the controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:08 PM   #3
Trooper581
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 09 Club Car goes forward but reverse buzzer not sounding and won't go backwards

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it some time to dry out and reply again if the problem continues.
Thanks,
Adam
Trooper581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car