lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
RedRumCart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default My Official '97 CC DS Build Thread

Hello,

I just purchased a club car DS, serial number A9747....

This will be my official build thread for this cart. It is in pretty bad shape as it sits, and I will continually update this thread as I repair/rebuilt cart. This is my very first cart, and I am sure it will show through some of the dumb questions I ask.

There will be MANY questions in this thread as it goes on, so if you like to share your knowledge please please continue to check back and chime in.
Also, I am located in the Sacramento CA area, so if any are local, I would be more than happy to meet up and gain any insight possible.

I am building on a very tight budget, but think I can make it work, and keep the cart looking nice and running well. hopefully. haha.

These are the things I am planning as of now;
  • carbon fiber dash
  • 4 awg cables
  • golf bag rack
  • volt reader in dash
  • seat covers
  • arm rest pads
  • rear bumper
  • F/R switch (it is broken per the old owner)
  • new tires
  • new batteries
  • steering wheel

I am also going to want to speed it up a little. Am hoping with the 4awg cables, new batteries, and maybe a Plum motor upgrade I can get to 20, maybe 25... The current motor is a club car model no. 58c59jbs 61948, 48v, 3.1 hp. No idea how fast now, as it has no batteries, and old owner says neds microswitches.

I am brand new to this hobbie, and do not know anybody, so any/all advice will be appreciated! Also, if you know of any used parts, or good places to look, I would love to hear about it/them. I have no problem posting pics, and even prices paid for things if it is allowed on this site.

Thanks in advance for all your help, and I am excited to start my project!!! Hopefully by December, there will be a major transformation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo[1].jpg (152.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-10-11_17-09-24_712.jpg (175.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-10-11_17-08-45_525.jpg (91.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-10-11_17-08-50_469.jpg (222.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-10-11_17-09-16_222.jpg (44.9 KB, 46 views)
RedRumCart is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car