lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
G man
Not Yet Wild

Default 36 to 48 conversion

I have a 93 36v resistor style cc.
Have been looking into the conversion for quite a while.
The entire cart is upgraded to 4ga cables.
and would go with 8 6v with a HD 48v solenoid.
i have a medium sized 36/48 volt motor thats rated at 3.5 hp on 36v and 4.7 on 48v. But my concern is the other components holding up to the upgrade.
i have finely adjusted the wiper arm perfectly on full throttle.
and have bypassed the resistor board completely when full throttle, wired directly to the motor. But is there any way to beef up the the v glide to handle 48v? and am thinking of adding additional resistors to help disperse the additional heat. The FNR switch is new but questioning it on 48 volts,any possible way to beef the FNR also?
Thanks in advance for the help.
G man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car