lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2021, 08:07 PM   #11
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Building this cart

Center is nuetral. Sounds like the forward synchro ring is jammed so that’s all you get in F or N. When you put it in R the reverse synchro engages as well which locks the gear sets in interference.

You can drive forward and try to jam it in reverse while it’s still rolling, should have the same effect as rolling backwards downhill.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2021, 09:31 PM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

One interesting thing I feel I should share since I was involved in another thread started by a member with an '85 Club Car DS. He had concerns about his cart's rear end because he was doing a v-twin swap and the parts that Vegas Carts sells for these swaps list for 1986-up, and that 1984-1985 carts with the "Fuji" rear end will have clearance issues. He posted a photo of his rear axle (on the left side in the photo below) and it looks different than both of mine (I have an '87 and a '90). To make a long story short, we deduced that he does have the Fuji axle, and it looks like your rear end on this bumper-car cart is also a Fuji unit. I guess if you're not doing a big block swap you likely won't have an issue. Just more of an FYI in case you ever tear into the rear axle.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:17 AM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Not having a shifter cable OR seat might make it kind of tricky!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:35 AM   #14
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Not having a shifter cable OR seat might make it kind of tricky!
I got the shifter cable I just need to install it. And the no seat is a problem.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:37 AM   #15
rib33024

Yes Springbok I was reading that thread and the rear ends look the same. It's a Honda 390 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
One interesting thing I feel I should share since I was involved in another thread started by a member with an '85 Club Car DS. He had concerns about his cart's rear end because he was doing a v-twin swap and the parts that Vegas Carts sells for these swaps list for 1986-up, and that 1984-1985 carts with the "Fuji" rear end will have clearance issues. He posted a photo of his rear axle (on the left side in the photo below) and it looks different than both of mine (I have an '87 and a '90). To make a long story short, we deduced that he does have the Fuji axle, and it looks like your rear end on this bumper-car cart is also a Fuji unit. I guess if you're not doing a big block swap you likely won't have an issue. Just more of an FYI in case you ever tear into the rear axle.

Old 01-18-2021, 06:46 AM   #16
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Center is nuetral. Sounds like the forward synchro ring is jammed so that’s all you get in F or N. When you put it in R the reverse synchro engages as well which locks the gear sets in interference.

You can drive forward and try to jam it in reverse while it’s still rolling, should have the same effect as rolling backwards downhill.
The way it is now. When in reverse it is like it is in park. No wheel movement. Straight up which should be neutral the cart goes forward. and to the driver side it goes forward. I have to take the belt off to move it. I have the wrong belt on it right now. The belt on it now is off a G8 Yamaha. What size belt do I need for this rear clutch.

Quote:
=Fairtax4me
Quote:

I will try this
Old 01-18-2021, 07:10 AM   #17
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Sorry I can't help you with any questions, but wanted to say it's that's a cool little cart! I can picture it as a fast, soap-box derby type ride.

What are your plans for it?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:36 AM   #18
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Sorry I can't help you with any questions, but wanted to say it's that's a cool little cart! I can picture it as a fast, soap-box derby type ride.

What are your plans for it?

It belongs to a friend of mine that doesn't know anything about golf carts. He builds hot rods and he's doing some work on my 1929 ford roadster pickup truck that I'm building. Were trading off work. He's doing some welding and body work for me. And I'm putting the cart back together for him and getting it running. It is a cool cart. Runs good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car