lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
hunterchad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default alltrax programming

My "build 39" software download from alltrax for some reason cannot find my controller. When I hook up the computer to the controller it says it cannot find my controller. The controller was purchased new this year so I am assuming that is a 2010 or 2011 model. My usb to serial says it is linked. Any ideas?
hunterchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: alltrax programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterchad View Post
My "build 39" software download from alltrax for some reason cannot find my controller. When I hook up the computer to the controller it says it cannot find my controller. The controller was purchased new this year so I am assuming that is a 2010 or 2011 model. My usb to serial says it is linked. Any ideas?
If this has worked before, try rebooting the computer while it is hooked to the powered up controller. If it hasn't worked before, I would suspect USB drivers. What OS is this ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
hunterchad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This is a new adaptor from staples and it is my first time at trying to hook up the controller. The directions state that the drive has to be engaged, so I am pressing on the pedal just enough to engage the solenoid. I am sure I am probably doing something wrong. I am sorry, but what is OS?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
This is a new adaptor from staples and it is my first time at trying to hook up the controller. The directions state that the drive has to be engaged, so I am pressing on the pedal just enough to engage the solenoid. I am sure I am probably doing something wrong. I am sorry, but what is OS?
HC, the controller needs to be powered up, as in green light lit. The OS is the operating system of the computer. Win98/Me/XP/Vista ??
Old 02-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
Ryan T
Getting Wild

Ive wondered this also, I have my controller on the way back to Altrax now to check and make sure its all set up correctly. The plum quick motor was getting to hot in my opinion. I need to get a cable as well and learn how to use it I suppose.
I removed the black plug today and seen where it plugs in but whats next, for a non computer guy....
Ryan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
hunterchad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

the OS is windows 7 home premium, pentium R dual core processor with 64 bit operating system. When I start to run the program the controller is powered up ( the light is green) and the pedal is depressed enough to engage the solenoid. The cables "link" light is on. I will try to run the program and the message that it cannot find the controller appears. I will try to test the cable tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
hunterchad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ryan,
I am in the same boat as you. If you go to alltrax's website they have information there as how to hook up your controller to your computer, but apparently I cannot follow directions.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have not yet got it to work on my 64bit system but others say they have, no? I keep an older windows XP system on a spare PC for the alltrax program system?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:21 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
the OS is windows 7 home premium, pentium R dual core processor with 64 bit operating system. When I start to run the program the controller is powered up ( the light is green) and the pedal is depressed enough to engage the solenoid. The cables "link" light is on. I will try to run the program and the message that it cannot find the controller appears. I will try to test the cable tomorrow.
HC, it is probably the driver for the USB adapter. They don't play nice with the newer OSs. They tell you plug n play but no. That was for the older OSs. If you can find out which chipset your adapter uses, you should be able to find a better driver. Mine is a Prolific PL2303 and I have the drivers for Vista Prem
Old 02-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #10
kc4wd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I also tried the one from staples...couldn't get to work and returned it, Got the one from Radio Shack and no problems! Using it on 64 bit Vista.
kc4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO