lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2019, 09:56 AM   #21
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Three "bigger" 12v batteries or six 6v batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSpirit1 View Post
If you read my posts you will see that I know that the 12v car batteries are not the optimal setup by any means. I think we both know battery results vary greatly - I have a Walmart cheapie going on it's 4th year of service, so they do work on some applications. As to the trade in cart - with all due respect - do you know any history on the batteries? Improper care could have played a big part in the failure - a fact I'm sire you are aware of.

I listened to all the helpful technical advice and passed it on to the owner with the pro's and con's of 12v car battery usage. Some of the posts presented here were IMO not intended to be helpful, and were addressed as such, sometimes using bold type to identify what part of the post I was referring to. Again, thanks to all that provided factual information on battery usage. Willie
One other thing you may want to consider is your cores. If you have Golf Cart Battery Cores and you give them to Walmart, they will value them like car battery cores. Later on, once you or someone, get ready to buy regular golf cart batteries, you will no longer have golf cart cores.

Core Charge on a Golf Cart Battery is around $25 each. Some dealers might allow you $10 core credit for car battery, some do not allow anything, so that could add $150 to the cost if you later decide to buy the proper battery.

I and most here understand you are trying to do cost-benefit analysis and your point is if you spend half as much and get half (or whatever the %'s are) the level of performance, you come out the same. What the experts here (not me, but I agree with them) are saying is that you are going to spend half as much and get way less than half performance.

The ONLY advantage (if want to call it that) to what you are considering is your initial cash outlay. You will go in the red on your CBA the first time you replace the batteries (which will be soon).

If you just have to get the cart going and can't come up with $ for the proper batteries, You may want to check with local dealers (ones that have a load tester) and see if they have a set of used 6v batteries with any life left (verify that they have been load tested and what the numbers are). At least this way you would have good batteries to use for cores in the future.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #22
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Three "bigger" 12v batteries or six 6v batteries

We have sold several batteries from the core pallet over the years, usually double core value about $50. Just load test them first.
Go talk to local shops you may be surprise that they might have your solution.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO