lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2019, 05:42 PM   #21
TL1166
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is the RXV a POS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnabell67 View Post
love my rxv now that bob handled his magic on it, battery life has gone down but it hauls *** now
Just curious, was this a controller only modification? What size tires and wheels are you using. What were the performance changes (Speed/Handling/Battery life)? I have been reading a lot about Bob Boyce controller mods and I think this will be my first modification on mine cart.

Thanks in advance for any info provided.
TL1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2019, 07:38 AM   #22
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1166 View Post
Just curious, was this a controller only modification? What size tires and wheels are you using. What were the performance changes (Speed/Handling/Battery life)? I have been reading a lot about Bob Boyce controller mods and I think this will be my first modification on mine cart.

Thanks in advance for any info provided.
was controller modification it does 27 now on stock wheels/tires

bob said 32-33 if i go to 20.5" tall tire.

battery life i used 20% battery going 5 miles at 27 mph its the acceleration that kills battery.

it hauls *** if you're near south florida ever can test drive it
johnabell67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:39 AM   #23
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbar View Post
Nice. What did he modify it to? How long was the turn around??
the controller took about an hour or so in person while we drove around town lol
johnabell67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:50 PM   #24
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I've had my '13 RXV for several years, bought it new. The batteries are about due to be replaced, and I had a glitch with the OEM charger. Bought a DPI, used it a few days, but mostly use a Battery Minder to keep it topped off, as I use it very little for 11 months of the year. That is, I'll use it often, but not many miles at a time.

"Fixed" the reverse beeper with a piece of electrical tape; you can just barely hear it now. Mine is the so-called "Freedom Cart" and has an OEM 12-volt converter for the lights. I added a 12 volt receptacle to run a couple different pumps: a demand pump for a spray rig for weed control, and a transfer pump to haul water to my travel trailer when I'm camped long-term. (using different tanks, of course!)

I personally love the RXV, especially the dynamic braking. Loading/unloading from my pickup truck on 7.5' ramps (steep!) is no sweat. No need to get a running start, no runaways going down. During the couple of weeks/year where I really USE it, the batteries seem to last forever. I'd definitely buy one again.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:30 PM   #25
Monstermaker
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

The number one reason I bought an RXV is the posi rear end!!
The thing claws it’s way through whatever I point it at, and has no problem dragging a heavily loaded yard cart uphill on wet grass.
Monstermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:50 PM   #26
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

The RXV (and TXT PDS, TXT 48, DCS, Series) do NOT have tru positive traction rears. Jack one wheel off the ground at the rear and the wheel off the ground spins, but the one contacting the ground does not.

What the RXV DOES have is an AC Drive system and a bit more torque. that's it. The problems outweigh the gains. Even our new Toyota-Prius-Module Olympus cars have superseded the RXV as the most popular cars on the market. They're about the same price new, but have full cabs, are street legal (have titles and all), and A/C and heat. They use Prius batteries that are safer than Lithium and last close to a decade. Toyota controllers, too. No fried motor brakes either.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #27
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You are wrong about the rxv electric not having a posi, please study up. (If you'd care to know why it's in there, I'll tell ya, it wasn't for offroading & hill climbing). The electric absolutely does (gas does not). If your electric RXV does as you described, it's posi is smoked. But it is a true automotive style clutch-type posi. Also, the minimum allowed "torque required to twist" spec is listed at 75ft/lb in the manual, no such spec exists for "open differentials".

People, PLEASE don't try what he described with your rxv, unless you want to crash your cart!

Rxv electric axle manual & highlited parts list

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...08-610987-.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191110_140603.jpg (174.3 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #28
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I think I am becoming an electric converter. I have a gas Express which I love but spending some time with the electric RXV I am really digging how smith and quite it is. The suspension even seems to be a bit more comfortable.

If I make it through the cold North East winter without frozen batteries I just may give the kids the gas cart and I’ll take the electric.

I do wish is was faster 12 MPh is lame!
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:48 AM   #29
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
Even our new Toyota-Prius-Module Olympus cars have superseded the RXV as the most popular cars on the market. They're about the same price new, but have full cabs, are street legal (have titles and all), and A/C and heat. They use Prius batteries that are safer than Lithium and last close to a decade. Toyota controllers, too. No fried motor brakes either.
Are you getting paid for the ad? The Olympus line is just another Chinese cart. I find all of ONE dealer in the US. Lots of features for the price, but a nightmare to get parts or service. See the issues experienced by Zone, Star, Fairplay owners - and the even more generic Rolling, Prestiege, etc. I'm sure if you'll buy a few at a time LVTONG (CN) will make some with whatever name you'd like on it.
And as far as "most popular cars on the market" I'm sure EZGO must sell a thousand or more RXV's to each Olympus sold here in the US.

Last edited by meimk; 11-17-2019 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: additional info
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:11 AM   #30
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
Even our new Toyota-Prius-Module Olympus cars have superseded the RXV as the most popular cars on the market.
I must have missed this amazing development of Chinese domination in the American marketplace. Apparently the trade war is working?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO