lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
bliebold84
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Club Car Electric Motor Removal

So been trying to upgrade all the parts on my stock cart. When trying to get the motor out its obviously stuck on there so i have been jiggling wiggling spraying and repeating for the last couple hours and then this happened.

Any suggestions short of yanking the axle?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (22.6 KB, 0 views)
bliebold84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2019, 09:57 AM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2007 Club Car Electric Motor Removal

Been there, done that, didn't get a tee-shirt. Unfortunately you just may have to pull the rear end, had to do it twice over the years. However...I have had some good luck by soaking in PB Blast, using wedges with a soft hammer, tapping the end of the motor shaft to break the bond. Go ahead and take the rest of the motor case off, it just in the way now, good luck
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:59 AM   #3
bliebold84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Been there, done that, didn't get a tee-shirt. Unfortunately you just may have to pull the rear end, had to do it twice over the years. However...I have had some good luck by soaking in PB Blast, using wedges with a soft hammer, tapping the end of the motor shaft to break the bond. Go ahead and take the rest of the motor case off, it just in the way now, good luck
Figured that much and kept searching and just found the drop it on the ground method.

Adding to my list of things that are not going to plan this year and just got to page 3 of projects going wrong.
bliebold84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #4
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Isn't it a wonderful feeling...Nope not really, I find a lot of hunting buggies this way, too much mud and grim. Only as a last resort do i pull the rear end. soak it for a while first
when a customer ask for an estimate on changing a motor, that horror story is always in the back of your mind. It easy to lose 2 hours on a stuck motor. Always go into a quote with a disclaimer
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:30 AM   #5
hojolabo
Not Yet Wild

I have found that a penetrating oil of whatever brand generally works if it has/gets enough on then let it soak sometimes over night.
Personally i think a guys best friend is "Never Seize" applied before reassembly, especially if there is dissimilar metals or chance of corrosion and its always came through.
I have always thought of the next guy that may have to go through and do it again, seems like I'm him some of the time.
Just my 2 cents. Never Seize means what it says.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
hojolabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #6
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojolabo View Post
I have found that a penetrating oil of whatever brand generally works if it has/gets enough on then let it soak sometimes over night.
Personally i think a guys best friend is "Never Seize" applied before reassembly, especially if there is dissimilar metals or chance of corrosion and its always came through.
I have always thought of the next guy that may have to go through and do it again, seems like I'm him some of the time.
Just my 2 cents. Never Seize means what it says.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
Never Seize
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car