lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
Rodderrick
Not Yet Wild

Default Question about mirrors with turn signals

So I just got my cart and realized I can't tell if I have left my signal on or not so I was looking at the mirrors with turn signal indicators front and rear, my question is if I installed this and wire from the existing turn signal how do they not come on when I am running the parking lights, or is there another way to hook these up properly?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (18.7 KB, 0 views)
Rodderrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2018, 04:23 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Question about mirrors with turn signals

What cart? Whose light kit? Do the front indicators turn on as running lights? The TXT fronts typically have a separate lamp for turn signal.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:38 PM   #3
Rodderrick
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
What cart? Whose light kit? Do the front indicators turn on as running lights? The TXT fronts typically have a separate lamp for turn signal.
I went with an EZGO RXV 48V it has a MADJAX street light kit, and it does have LED lights which are the running lights and also the turn signals both front and rear. I have not purchased the mirrors with turn signals yet, that's why I am asking? What is recommended and how/ where does it connect? I was thinking about adding the mirrors with the turn signals both for better visibility and also so I can see if I have left it on so as an indicator instead of adding an LED on the dash or something.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Hmm, if it were the OEM lights, I would have a easier time helping. I rarely deal with the MJ kit, so I don't know for sure.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
Rodderrick
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Hmm, if it were the OEM lights, I would have a easier time helping. I rarely deal with the MJ kit, so I don't know for sure.
How do you normally hook something into the turn signal, for instance if you were hooking up an indicator light?

If it is just linked from the turn signal lights it would light up when the running lights were on too?
Old 10-28-2018, 08:17 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

The OEM signal head (lever) has wires specifically for each front turn signal. Your MJ kit might too, but I'm not familiar enough to guess what one it might be on your kit.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:21 PM   #7
Rodderrick
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
The OEM signal head (lever) has wires specifically for each front turn signal. Your MJ kit might too, but I'm not familiar enough to guess what one it might be on your kit.
Thank you that shouldn't be too hard to figure out. I will just have to check the wires going to the lights to see which ones have a signal when the turn switch is activated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO