lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2020, 04:53 PM   #201
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: UPDATE-(THANKS TO BOB BOYCE...)New 72 volt L6...NO LONGER SLOW....

If you don't tell your dealer I won't either. If you say something and you have any problems it's a perfect out for them. So yes it can...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2020, 04:57 PM   #202
Juskepan
Not Yet Wild

Thanks will do! Does this affect the warranty?
Juskepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:26 PM   #203
jgoetschel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
That unlock is not an unlock from E-Z-GO. It is a hack on the dealer forum that they use to corrupt the controller. Doing that to these two speed (Rabbit/Turtle) controllers causes both outputs to be fighting each other. The Rabbit wins, eventually burning out the Turtle.

Do not ever allow a dealer to do this. Once the Turtle burns out, it will never work again. You would have to replace the controller with a new one, as what the dealers do violates the warranty.

The problem E-Z-GO faces is regulatory. They are not legally allowed to deliver a vehicle that can exceed 20 MPH unless it is built as an LSV (Low Speed Vehicle), that is road legal in all states that it is sold in. They already sell one, called the 2Five, that comes with a VIN # so it can be titled and registered. Some jurisdictions allow golf carts to be converted, but they typically require this to be done by a conversion company that is registered as an auto manufacturer with the state. I had a shop and was an electric vehicle manufacturer. I closed my shop a few years ago, but I still reprogram certain Curtis controllers.

In the first generation of these two speed controllers, we had to disable Turtle because it did not come with a VCL (Vehicle Control Language) in that mode that was configurable for regen braking. That is not the same as corrupting a controller. At higher speeds, regen braking is important to operation. It was a safety issue. Those can be restored to normal operation and suffer no damage from having Turtle disabled. Not so with the newer controllers.

So make one more post so you can send a PM to usgicollector and we'll see how you can be helped.

Bob
wow, great info!! I think this is my 3rd post, I really appreciate what you are doing, wish I could learn and help out the community! The more I learn the more I love this stuff!
jgoetschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:41 PM   #204
Cobrar16
Not Yet Wild

Hey Bob I admire your knowledge and know how! I have a new 72 volt on its way. Are you up for one more? Id love to unleash a little more power. I live in OH. Im willing to travel! Thanks for your time!
Cobrar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:04 PM   #205
Jackword
Not Yet Wild

Well Bob was able to get over here to Baton Rouge and the EZ Go 72V is slo no mo! Thanks Bob and Kevin said his cart is great as well! Can’t tell you how much we appreciate your help.
Jackword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:02 PM   #206
Maxthecat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob I have been reading about your successes with the 72v txt. I have a 2018 Freedom 72v and would like a 5mph speed increase. Do you ever travel out west? AZ,UT,NV,ID. If not have you ever thought of licensing your technology to someone? The western states are flush with retirement communities that are full of carts.
Maxthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:11 PM   #207
Scott Swangim
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob Boyce how can I get with you about getting my cart up to speed. Thanks
Scott Swangim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:40 PM   #208
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Swangim View Post
Bob Boyce how can I get with you about getting my cart up to speed. Thanks
Send a PM (Private Message) to usgicollector and let him know that you want to get on the list for my next trip. I am in Florida now, and will be doing another trip through SC and NC soon.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:59 PM   #209
Wymorem
Not Yet Wild

This is a great thread, just what I needed. I have a 2019 EZGO RXV that the guy I bought it from said he had the speed increased at the dealership and it goes 20 MPH currently. I would love to get it up to 25-28 to keep up with the neighborhood traffic
Wymorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:59 PM   #210
Wymorem
Not Yet Wild

Great thread, I will be reading it all this evening.
Wymorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO