lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
Scotty07
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Angry New used cart worked great for 2 days then...

Ok guys, I bought a new used cart 2 days ago. Ran great first night second day I detailed the cart took it out riding for a while then I noticed getting slower so I took it home. I pulled into my front yard (small bump) and then cart dies. I was thinking man we got lucky it died right when we got home. I pushed it in the garage and charged it overnight. Today i walk outside and it won't go anywhere. I put in reverse no alarm nothing. I test the battiers and they all test good. While I was looking I see where I believe the tow switch is and its not there and looks like it has been bypassed. I also can't find where the main fuses are to check those. Im sure they are there just can't find them.

The cart is a 2012 Yamaha electric, I'm guessing thats a g29? I'm not sure this is all new and kinda pissed off right now. Thanks for the help
Scotty07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: New used cart worked great for 2 days then...

Sounds like this cart has been modified. It should be a YDRE Drive if it's a 2012. That is what I have. The Run/Tow switch is right behind the batteries. Only thing I can suggest is to look for a loose connection on the batteries, motor, and controller. You should certainly have a run/tow switch! You should never try to tow the cart without disabling the controller or you will do some serious damage.
If you find no loose connections and you get no reverse buzzer, I would check the run/tow bypass for a bad connection. Nothing works when it's in TOW. (switch open) If it did not beep when you pushed it, it has no power and it thinks it's in TOW mode.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:10 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Once you find out what it is and fix it, I would install a Run/Tow switch. It can be a pretty standard toggle switch. Doesn't have to be the specific one that goes on the cart. It's a pretty cheap rocker switch anyway. A good quality toggle switch would be an improvement over the stock one. There are only two wires on it.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:14 PM   #4
Scotty07
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thumbs up Re: New used cart worked great for 2 days then...

Ok so I got it figured out it was a easy fix. So i disconnected the bypass wire where the switch would of been and reconnected it. As soon as I did that it you could hear it reset and I have power and works fine. I just picked up a switch and plan to put it in tomorrow.

Any idea why someone would bypass it and why it would of tripped?
Scotty07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:31 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Maybe the switch was bad. Anyway, it wasn't a good idea. That switch is important.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:44 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Often times "super-low battery voltage" causes cart to shut down. That usually requires a reset.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha