lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
rosborne
Not Yet Wild

Default run tow switch

Anyone know where the run tow wires go on a 07 fairplay 48 volt switch isn't marked but wires are
rosborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:02 PM   #2
BeltedOne
Not Yet Wild

Default re: run tow switch

I have a 2007 Fairplay with Kinetek controller. Three of my four wires are tagged as follows: the "Tow" side of the switch has wire tagged "31" on top and "32"on bottom; the "Run" side of the switch has wire tagged "0" on top and the bottom wire is not tagged. All my wires are black.

I found a supposedly 2007 Fairplay wiring schematic on this site, but it depicts an AllTrax controller. I'm not sure that makes a difference. It shows both terminals on the "Run" side of the switch should be spliced together and run to the 10A diode, adjacent to the "Logic Fuse" (10A, >60VDC). One terminal of the "Tow" side of the switch is depicted with an Orange wire connected to the #10 (B+ Power) terminal on the controller, while the other terminal is depicted with a Brown wire splitting to connect to both the Logic Power side of the key switch and the #9 (Logic B+) terminal of the controller.

I am still looking for a wiring diagram that depicts the Kinetek controller.
BeltedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:37 PM   #3
BeltedOne
Not Yet Wild

Default re: run tow switch

I found a wiring diagram on the Kinetek Controls web site. Like the one for the AllTrax, it indicates that the "Run" side wires are spliced together and connected to the diode. However, on the "Tow" side, one wire is connected to the "J3-2" terminal on the controller, and the other is split to connect to both the "J3-1" and "J3-4" terminals on the controller (SXDC GC). The J3 connector is a 4-pin, 2x2 connection.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:22 PM   #4
BeltedOne
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: run tow switch

I found several Fairway wiring diagrams at *********** web site that might be able to help you (and me)>

Last edited by BeltedOne; 05-27-2018 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: spell check
Old 09-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #5
N400QW
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default Re: run tow switch

https://imgur.com/r4Ra9gX

Ron
N400QW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
run tow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay