lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2021, 03:57 PM   #1
itsDed
Not Yet Wild

Default Major confusion on model/year of recently purchased cart

Howdy all, hopefully I can find some concrete answers on my cart because everywhere I go gives me a different answer and I'm getting a little (a lot) confused with my cart.

Just recently bought a 1998 ezgo gas cart. That's what the dealer told me it was. Price was good so I bought it.

Once I got familiar with golf carts (impulse buy) I noticed that the claim of 1998 may not be correct.

The body is metal, there's a sticker on the dash that says "Medalist", it has the plastic nose that's identical to all pictures online of 1994-1995 Medalists. I would post a picture but I can't yet since I'm a fresh account.

So based off of the build of the cart, I figured it was a 1994-1995 Medalist just like I see online.

Next issue, I look at the number plate inside the passenger side glove box, and the manufacturers code says A100. Everything I see online about determining the year says that the last 2 numbers of the manu. code will correlate with the year. So mine being A100 means that its a 2000 model.

But the Medalist wasn't made in 2000 from what I read. Everywhere says that the ezgo's switched to plastic body after 1995.

I contacted various sites, some said that I have a 94-95 with a non-original manu. code that was refitted from a different cart. Other sites will tell me that the Medalist was made up until 2001, which I don't see talked about anywhere online.

I tried contacting ezgo themselves, but have received no reply in 3 weeks.

Does anyone here have any information that may help?
Really confused here. And I'd like to start buying parts for it, but I'm not too sure which ones because I'm not 100% certain on the year.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would provide pictures if I could, but I'm unable to for at least 7 days.
itsDed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2021, 04:15 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Major confusion on model/year of recently purchased cart

Click on the go advanced box and then the paperclip. You can post pictures right now.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:32 PM   #3
itsDed
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Major confusion on model/year of recently purchased cart

There we go. I was trying to link images, forgot I could just upload directly. Only two pictures I have currently which show the cart and the number plate. I can get more pictures on the weekend when I head up to my cottage.

y2FMcVH.jpg

bKo3NUA.jpg
itsDed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO