lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2021, 09:14 AM   #1
disneyland kid ride
Not Yet Wild

Default dieseling cart when gas pedal released

Hello I havnt really messed with this cart in a long time other than run it. Diesels when you let off the gas when ran around the house several times so its good and hot or warm when you let off the gas fully. I dont really know if the engines overheating, too much oil in gas or carbon build up in cylinders, carb out of adjustment, timing still not right(although I do remember checking it). carb is only a couple of years old but of course from fleabay. even when warm, choke has to be used full on sometimes then let off to half choke to get it going then left all the way off to get the engine to fully catch and take off. Seems to me thats a not enough fuel as far as the choke but Im still quite new to this. I do remember checking the carb throttle linkage years ago to make sure the carb closed off all the way for the dieseling and backfiring.
disneyland kid ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2021, 03:55 PM   #2
disneyland kid ride
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: dieseling cart when gas pedal released

Just turned the Lo shaft out a bit which solved the constant choke to get it going thing. Still not sure of what to aim for. Just turn it out till it doesnt run any better? Seems a real pita to constantly drive it/lift lid, adjust, drive it, guess as to if its better or not.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:41 PM   #3
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like maybe the throttle flapper valve in the throat of the carb isn't fully closing when you let off the pedal. Is there a low idle adjustment screw on it ? If there is, back it all way out. It needs to completely close the air flow when off pedal.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:21 AM   #4
disneyland kid ride
Not Yet Wild

will check that flapper valve in carb and back it out. I just swapped motors because this engine has like a bit over 1/16 end play. Bought a motor off ebay years ago and never tried it. Well it works, but as I discovered this engine has the same exhaust leak as the old engine. Exhaust gasket not sealing. Not really sure how to correct this yet. No gaskets available in my area other than online and I need to just make one. Have seen in another thread that heavy duty aluminum can be folded 20 times to make gasket material. Going to try that or just go to summit racing as I only live 30 minutes from the one in talmadge ohio.
Do these things have a common problem with exhaust gaskets blowing out?
Old 06-14-2021, 07:52 PM   #5
disneyland kid ride
Not Yet Wild

Doesnt seem to diesel now! Not sure what cured it either. replaced wrist pin bearing as the old one seemed to be missing a roller. Also replaced ground strap to frame. Motor seems to spin over faster now. Used the heavyduty tinfoil trick and it worked like a dream for the exhaust pipe. No leaks. Im betting it needs tuned now since theres more backpressure.
Now it ate the generator belt. shredded it. Hearing a rattle that I cannot figure out yet but outter portion of generator belt pulley looks like all the cadmium is rubbed off with scraping so Im wondering if its hitting the driven clutch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson