lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
tee2green2003
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cool Electric Club Car wont Go!!

Hello All

I have a 2004 48 volt Club Car with IQ I have owned it for 2 years I have had to replace the cable ends before when it quits running because they corrode off. THis time when it quit, if you push the accelerator pedal it tries to lurch forward then will not go, it does act like it wants to though. The reverse beeper works when put in reverse. I was wondering what voltages I should have at the motor to determine if I have a bad motor or a bad controller or what. Or if someone knows if I am headed down the wrong path. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
tee2green2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Electric Club Car wont Go!!

Welcome to the forum tee2green2003......................

Headed down the wrong path........... Start checking the batteries. It sounds pretty typical of one bad battery or loose connections.

Get a volt meter and check each battery. Might even get a Hydrometer and test the batteries that way too. Usually any battery below 8 volts is a BAD battery if it has been charged recently. They should read about 8.5 volts on good batteries.

Let us know.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I agree, headed down the wrong path. Rusty is correct, sounds typical of a bad connection. If it worked before and nothing has been touched that makes it even more likely its a bad connection. (bad thing do "Just happen" though) I suggest giving each one of them a good tug....maybe even take them loose one at a time....clean them....and put them right back on.

I fixed one a few weeks back.....the only thing holding the cable on the terminal was electrical tape. Connection looked good....no corrosion...not anything. I tugged on the cable and it came loose, left the tape on the battery terminal.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

If it makes one simple bump forward then quits; it is typical of a failed solenoid.

Test the solenoid for continuity when you are engaging it.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car