lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
rh454magic
Not Yet Wild

Default Thinking of buying a 2007 Precedent

I am thinking of buying a 2007 Precedent from a friend. It has the 4- 12 volt batteries and I have heard there is a problem with them (one is already bad). I am going to use this at the race track on the weekends and sometimes for a week of racing as a pit vehicle. A lot of questions but will only ask the important ones. Will this work for my purpose? Does it take a long time to charge since I will be charging from a generator. Have looked into switching to the 6-8 volt but cant locate the parts for a price. Any suggestions appreciated.
rh454magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2018, 09:31 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Thinking of buying a 2007 Precedent

4x12's will work fine for your needs. It is the AH (Amp Hours) that make the difference and logically you can usually get more with 6x8's, but there are high AH 12's that will meet most any need you have. Charging is based on usage. As long as you charge it each time you use it, you will be fine. The longer the usage, the longer the charge required to replenish it.

Note- I had 4x12's in my IQ cart and got 10 full years out of them with good maintenance practices and good old US batteries....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:40 PM   #3
rh454magic
Not Yet Wild

Thanks
rh454magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:46 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Charging from a generator should make no difference. However, I would charge them before going to the track and keep them charged.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice for novice
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car