lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
morgaler
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default PLEASE HELP!!!!!!2002 club car ds clicking without pressing accelerator

I recently washed my 2002 club car ds yesterday and put it up and put it on charge. Went to get on it today backed it out from under the shed and stopped and got off of it. Now it clicks like im pressing the GO pedal without me pressing it???? Im not sure if something got wet or what... PLEASE HELP
morgaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2018, 07:54 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!2002 club car ds clicking without pressing accelerator

Series or IQ? If unsure, post vehicle serial number.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
morgaler
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!2002 club car ds clicking without pressing accelerator

Thank you so much for your help serial number is ACO117-012361
Old 02-14-2018, 08:05 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

FYI, it's not a 2002. It's a 2001 with the dreaded Regen 2 drive system. It just randomly clicks? Or it clicks when you turn on the key?
Old 02-14-2018, 08:07 PM   #5
morgaler
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

it randomly clicks like with the key on. I think it does it with key off as well... and also what is so bad about the regen 2? i am fairly new to the golf cart scene again THANK you so much for your help it really means alot i just need HELP ha ha
Old 02-14-2018, 08:19 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Ahhh the Regen 2... They're just known for having random off-the-wall issues, as you see..... lol

They're a complex system, much more complex than the series cars of the same era, and they're not as easy to diagnose as a newer IQ system since they don't have a programmer port to plug a scanner into them. I can help you with this cart, but I need to sit down in front of a diagram while I do it. I would need you to call me with a multimeter in hand ready to perform several tests. If you'll do that, We'll figure out the issue for sure. 706-836-7210. You can call me anytime.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:27 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgaler View Post
I recently washed my 2002 club car ds yesterday and put it up and put it on charge. Went to get on it today backed it out from under the shed and stopped and got off of it. Now it clicks like im pressing the GO pedal without me pressing it???? Im not sure if something got wet or what... PLEASE HELP
If you just washed it you likely got water in a switch. Take a hair dryer and blow everything out to dry it real good. The call David.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:30 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
If you just washed it you likely got water in a switch. Take a hair dryer and blow everything out to dry it real good. The call David.
You're probably right, but I don't know where he could have gotten water to cause it to engage the solenoid with the key off... I've never seen or heard of this before.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #9
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I was thinking if something is wet it may give bad readings.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car