lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
gdoss
Not Yet Wild

Default 01 CC slows going uphill-48v

Just put new batteries and charged them fully. Total voltage 52.3 and each battery is 8.53+. THis cart has been sitting up for 3 years. Took it to battery source and let them install new batteries. It seems to work fine in every way, just not strong and slows on not so steep grades. I have been reading on this forum for the last hour and see several thing that it might be. Could somebody lead me to some kind of order I may try to fix this buggy. It was my wife's fathers and she is excited about havein it running again as he has passed away . Charger had to be repaired, but seems to charge as it should. Reading was 49.0 before charging for 5 hours. I'm a novice at this but have so mechanical abilities. DS with lever F/R
gdoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 01 CC slows going uphill-48v

ALL carts slow down going up hills, remember you only have about 3 plus HP motor. BESIDES NEW BATTERYS will not be broken in until AFTER 50-100 discharge-charge cycles. I hope you started out correctly by charging pack before FIRST USE as this is very important. Charging means allowing charger to fully charge pack each time until it shuts off on its own each time and NEVER allowing discharge below 75% until pack is broken in. To get best life hook charger up after each use even if its only a very short distance. When checking bat voltage wait at least one hour after charger has shut off to test, as this allows pack to stablize. Full charge is 8.49 each battery and pack of 50.96.
Another thing I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH IS QUALITY of batterys, more weight means more lead and more power and life. Buying by price only will get you poor power and recharge distance and life? I call these rental batterys as most end up replacing under warentee several times and the replacement fees end up costing more than quality batterys to start with?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
gdoss
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. I will keep charging daily. Going uphill it slows to 3 or 4 MPH. Maybe it will get better. It might still be a little slow from 3 lyears of rest. When I say uphill I mean a grade of 1 to 2 %
Old 04-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
ajbrown
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoss View Post
Thanks for the info. I will keep charging daily. Going uphill it slows to 3 or 4 MPH. Maybe it will get better. It might still be a little slow from 3 lyears of rest. When I say uphill I mean a grade of 1 to 2 %
Ouch! How fast does it go on flats?
ajbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Give us the Battery name and model number,
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Might be worth a check on brakes and brake cables for drag as cart has sat so long? Jack up rear wheels and check for major drag ( there will be some which is normal ) Cables need lubrication every year minimum, also check front wheel bearings for lubrication.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

5 mph , whay do u ask , are U thinking of making it a Village cart
sorry could not help myself
Old 04-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
ajbrown
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLEEMO View Post
5 mph , whay do u ask , are U thinking of making it a Village cart
sorry could not help myself
No way! I would get run over being flipped off the whole way!!

I was more curious about the scope of the problem. If it only goes 8 on flats but then goes 5 uphill, it may be a diff issue than it goes 19 on flats and 5 uphill. Maybe a non factor....
ajbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
gdoss
Not Yet Wild

On flats it runs around 12 which is not as fast as it used to run. Downhill up to 18 to 20. The batteries are from Battery Source Golf Pro is the only name or number I see. I just emailed the company to see wIho makes them. This is a retail battery company in Georgia and Florida. I talked to a local golf course here that uses them and they said they were not quite as good as Tojan, but were equal when they were new. They are now using them in their 4th year and very little complaints
Old 04-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoss View Post
On flats it runs around 12 which is not as fast as it used to run. Downhill up to 18 to 20. The batteries are from Battery Source Golf Pro is the only name or number I see. I just emailed the company to see wIho makes them. This is a retail battery company in Georgia and Florida. I talked to a local golf course here that uses them and they said they were not quite as good as Tojan, but were equal when they were new. They are now using them in their 4th year and very little complaints
Was this before new batteries ,
I cant find any literature on these batteries.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car