lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2019, 08:56 AM   #1
fishbones
Getting Wild

Default Toggle switch sizing

I am putting in a toggle switch to the backup buzzer and put in a 12V toggle but noticed power going to buzzer is 36V. I am sure this dont draw much amps (need to check amps tonight). If anyone has done this did you use a standard 12V DC toggle switch?
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Toggle switch sizing

Yes, those reverse buzzer take 36 or 48V and a 12v switch will not last. The amperage is nil IIRC so a low amp switch should be fine.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #3
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Yes, those reverse buzzer take 36 or 48V and a 12v switch will not last. The amperage is nil IIRC so a low amp switch should be fine.
Thanks

Switch says 15amp at 12v, 10amp at 24V but does not mention 36V.
I think I will put a heavy duty 12V toggle in (20amp), dont see any 36V specific switches.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

A 12 volt switch is fine. Club Car uses the same 1014807 3 prong micro switch on both their gas and electric cars to control the reverse buzzer, 12 Volts and 48 Volts respectively. The micro switch they used is a much "smaller" switch in the ability to carry amp loads than any toggle switch you can buy in a store. Any switch you can find will be more than adequate.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #5
Allmanac
Getting Wild

Club Car

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread but speaking of back up buzzers. Should the buzzer sound if the key is off and I move the FNR lever to reverse in an 02 cc ds series cart? I'll start another thread if I need to.
Allmanac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:01 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmanac View Post
Sorry if I am hijacking this thread but speaking of back up buzzers. Should the buzzer sound if the key is off and I move the FNR lever to reverse in an 02 cc ds series cart? I'll start another thread if I need to.
Yes, the reverse buzzer power +48v comes from the Solenoid big post (always ON).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car