lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Deeds88
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Stealth Patriot 4X4.. Right Area?

I purchased a used Stealth Patriot shortly before the company went defunct. , I am actually very happy with it so far. I am looking for a place to educate myself on repair and maintennace. I have allready replaced a solenoid and think the cv boots will need to be replaced soon and probably rear shocks. Is this the place? Am I even close to being in the right area. If not could anyone offer any direction to a more applicable forum.

Many Thanks,
Dave
Deeds88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Re: Stealth Patriot 4X4.. Right Area?

Welcome to the forum. Sure, you're in the right place. I have lots of Stealth parts available, just let me know if you need anything. Post your questions away, they will be answered!
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Deeds88
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks Sunoco! I am really loving this cart, its my first Elect Vehicle of any kind so I am pretty ignorant about servicing and repair. I was able to get a little pamplet from stealth but not really very much detail. Its good to know that parts are still available.

Right now I am having 2 issues that are bothering me. 1) the cv boots tear so darn easy, it has a little shield on it but really is not effective. I am treating this thing more like a golf cart than an ATV but have allready torn a boot by hitting a stick just right. Has anyone found a good way to protect these things? I found a needle type (almost sized for cattle) adapter for my grease gun and have been adding grease to keep it lubed as best as I can, but I would really like to find a better way to protect the boots before I replace them.

2) The rear shocks have worn the bottom rubber bushings out and I am guessing I will have to replace the shock, I cant just replace the bushing can I? Are there compact car shocks that may work better or be cheaper. Is there a service manual somewhere that goes into a little detail about how to replace.

I know Im showing my ignorance here, and I am new to the Elect Vs but am very interesting in learning to keep this cart in service.

Many Thanks
Old 07-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

There is no service manual. I don't think they ever even put out a wiring diagram. I have CV axle boots for replacement - they are cheap. You might be able to replace the bushing in the rear shock - can you post a picture of it?

The Patriot was def not built to do much off roading - even though its 4x4. More like a 4x4 neighborhood LSV in my opionion.

Post some pics of the cart! Where are you located?
Old 07-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
Deeds88
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

I will take some pics this evening. I am assuming posting the pics is just a matter of attaching the file like an email. I really have been treating it gently as possible. It is primarily used to drive my 2yr old around the place and back to the pond on a few trails that I have cut. Some smaller hills, but definitely not muddoggin or anything like that. I am in SE OK. Even findind a fuse box diagram would help some as I would like to kill the horn, its doing some funky things, doesnt work when I hit it but will sound off a little later when Im not in the buggy, with the key off. Brake lights also light up (park brake set) even with the key off. I would like to get info on your site if you sale parts for these. Not sure of the forum protocol but I assume you can pm me if posting sites causes heartburn.
Thanks again.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
Deeds88
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

First attempt at posting pics, but hopefully, here are pics of the rear shocks of the cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temppics 143.jpg (100.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg temppics 144.jpg (101.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Isn't a Stealth just a custom Club Car? Using the Club Car frame & Body?
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

those are just standard shock bushings, you should be able to replace those separately for a few $$ each side.
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Isn't a Stealth just a custom Club Car? Using the Club Car frame & Body?
Steve
Early Stealth's were. They then started making their own frames and whatnot.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetbu View Post
those are just standard shock bushings, you should be able to replace those separately for a few $$ each side.
Yep! I have a few hundred let me know if you want some.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts