lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
Kryn73
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Speed Magnet Issues with 2010 CC Precedent i2 Excel

Hello all. I recently ordered and installed a speed magnet for the ADC motor in my 2010 Precedent i2 4 Passenger Excel. Found out too late they don't work on Excel carts. Another thread mentioned that the speed code change to 4 may not be possible on certain serial # Excel's as well. Anyone know how to find out if I can do a speed code change or not? Living on the opposite side of the world, its difficult to make a lot of phone calls to CC or shops.

Thanks in advance, Cheers
Kryn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed Magnet Issues with 2010 CC Precedent i2 Excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryn73 View Post
Hello all. I recently ordered and installed a speed magnet for the ADC motor in my 2010 Precedent i2 4 Passenger Excel. Found out too late they don't work on Excel carts. Another thread mentioned that the speed code change to 4 may not be possible on certain serial # Excel's as well. Anyone know how to find out if I can do a speed code change or not? Living on the opposite side of the world, its difficult to make a lot of phone calls to CC or shops.

Thanks in advance, Cheers
. . . Tahoe will be able to answer this for you . . . current models have 7 speed settings from 5 to 19mph . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The Excel system has 4 speed settings. The same as the IQ. They're all programmable, just as the IQ.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
Kryn73
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info. I believe there is a guy here with the computer. Another idea I have been kicking around is the Bandit motor and accompanying controller as I understand the stock controller will not work. Can you see any reason that is a bad option other than cost? Going to call PQ when able but appreciate your input.
Kryn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryn73 View Post
Thanks for the info. I believe there is a guy here with the computer. Another idea I have been kicking around is the Bandit motor and accompanying controller as I understand the stock controller will not work. Can you see any reason that is a bad option other than cost? Going to call PQ when able but appreciate your input.
Let PQ know you've got the Excel system. The controller is different than the IQ. Your best method here is to drop an IQ wire harness in place of the Excel wire harness, unless they've come out with an Excel controller by now. I have no idea if they have or not. I'm not exposed much to the world of aftermarket parts.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:28 AM   #6
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The Excel system has 4 speed settings. The same as the IQ. They're all programmable, just as the IQ.
. . . check under SPECS at below link . . . Speed Range

Precedent I2 Excel
Old 06-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . check under SPECS at below link . . . Speed Range

Precedent I2 Excel
Steve,

Not everything is as they'd like for it to appear. The Excel car has 4 speed settings and always has. It has the ability to fine tune each setting for slower speeds. I'm assuming this is how they're claiming seven settings. I assure you, it's only got four.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Steve,

Not everything is as they'd like for it to appear. The Excel car has 4 speed settings and always has. It has the ability to fine tune each setting for slower speeds. I'm assuming this is how they're claiming seven settings. I assure you, it's only got four.
. . .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car