lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Bayowolf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Red face Club car speed issues

I am new to the forum, so hi everyone! I just got an 2000 Club Car DS non IQ cart and am looking for some ideas of what to do to make it faster. Currently, I am looking to buy batteries, because I am pretty sure they are on their way out. After that, I have read about bigger motors, shortening wires, etc etc etc...very confused. New to the whole electric cart thing. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Current top speed at full charge is 11 mph on a flat to slight downhill and 8.5 to 10 flat / slight uphill. I was told it should go 13 with new batteries.
Bayowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: Club car speed issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayowolf View Post
I am new to the forum, so hi everyone! I just got an 2000 Club Car DS non IQ cart and am looking for some ideas of what to do to make it faster. Currently, I am looking to buy batteries, because I am pretty sure they are on their way out. After that, I have read about bigger motors, shortening wires, etc etc etc...very confused. New to the whole electric cart thing. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Current top speed at full charge is 11 mph on a flat to slight downhill and 8.5 to 10 flat / slight uphill. I was told it should go 13 with new batteries.
Welcome and sorry nobody answered you yet..Don't worry, people will chime in!

Study these posts and read the stickies for info. Call Plum Quick and ask them what motor would be good for your setup. Just know that more power means more heat and you must mitigate the heat by using higher performance parts. For example: The wires that connect the batteries to the controller and motor can be upgraded (ScottyB from Carts Unlimited makes great wires), The soleinoid can and should be upgraded depending on your application. The controller feeds the motor and the bigger the controller (more amps), the more power the motor will get. Lastly, the motor. Some motors don't need big controllers and some need that extra power. Do your research. If you are only looking for a speed increase, I would opt for a high speed motor, one that can run on stock amps, but will glady accept more amps if you decide to upgrade later. The PQ Bandit is very popular for IQ carts, but not sure about yours.

Good luck with your new addiction!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

From Auburndale,,,there`s a good place to buy batteries in lake wales
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schunter View Post
Name of place in Lake Wales? I'm not far from there right now!

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
Bayowolf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

R&R Golf Carts on Combee Rd here in Lakeland has the best buy I have found. 6x8volts for 515.00. Anyone find them cheaper??
Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are they Trojan 875 ??
Old 01-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayowolf View Post
R&R Golf Carts on Combee Rd here in Lakeland has the best buy I have found. 6x8volts for 515.00. Anyone find them cheaper??
Welcome to the forum. Lakeland here also. I have taken my cart to R&R before. No complaints about them. Some of their prices on a couple things are a little above average, but nothing is way out of line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schunter View Post
What place are you talking about Schunter? I know R&R on combee sells batteries, there's also an interstate batteries or usa batteries on combee (maybe both?)
URBANNGUERILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #8
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Brewers golf carts going out of lake wales right on 60.The best place i found For trojan 875`s . I have bought 3 sets for 3 difference carts.in the last 5 years.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #9
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I paid $900 in Cali for T875's.

Anyway I had a 2000 DS. You could just get a higfh speed motor for more speed, but if you want better performance you should upgrade the controller too. You can easily get 25MPH with a motor upgrade though. We used a GE motor 8 years ago, now you would go to an Advance motor as GE is out of the golf motor biz. There are a lot of motor options, let me know if you want more info.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #10
Bayowolf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Wink Re: Club car speed issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
I paid $900 in Cali for T875's.

Anyway I had a 2000 DS. You could just get a higfh speed motor for more speed, but if you want better performance you should upgrade the controller too. You can easily get 25MPH with a motor upgrade though. We used a GE motor 8 years ago, now you would go to an Advance motor as GE is out of the golf motor biz. There are a lot of motor options, let me know if you want more info.
Would love more info please....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car