lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
JohninTX
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo electric workhorse gear noise at half throttle

I just bought this electric golf cart , and it is making a gear crunching type of noise at half throttle or when letting go of the pedal... at full speed it does not seem to do it , just when you have the pedal half way and coasting.. it also takes off strong with no noise ... I'll try to take a video and post it on youtube ,so anyone with experience can help me troubleshoot this problem .

just doing some research , it seems like the input shaft is probably one of the first things to look at ... i'm just not sure how hard it is to replace .. i guess I need to spend some time behind the green screen and read through all the posts in this forum for clues ...

any input on what to look for or troubleshooting method would be greatly appreciated . thank you!
JohninTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo electric workhorse gear noise at half throttle

start with
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...xperiment.html
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
JohninTX
Not Yet Wild

wow, I looked at the post and it seems that the input shaft is the last thing he removed from the rear end.. does this mean you have to get all the other gears off first... sounds like a complete rebuild ... i'm still not sure where the noise is coming from... more research needed!
JohninTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:45 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninTX View Post
wow, I looked at the post and it seems that the input shaft is the last thing he removed from the rear end.. does this mean you have to get all the other gears off first... sounds like a complete rebuild ... i'm still not sure where the noise is coming from... more research needed!
I can't help with the symptoms, but I also have an annoying noise that only occurs with certain driving conditions.

Not exactly safe, but get a passenger to "hang off" (not literally) the cart while you drive on a straight stretch of road, and see if (s)he can tell whether it's coming from the wheels, or the rear end. I don't know if you have a rear seat or not, but removing that and the thin plastic cover over the motor might help also. Your friend may be able to use a piece of thin - 1/2" or so - tubing like a stethoscope to try and pinpoint the cause. If you have any concrete paving where you can do the test drive, that would eliminate a lot of road noise from tires on asphalt.

Keep us posted.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO