lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2010, 04:24 AM   #1
MARKUS
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Wiring Battery Meter For Ydre

I need help in connecting a YDRE battery meter to the 48 volt system.The car came out with out the battery meter and I want to install a meter to the car.It is a yamaha electric 2008

Thanks
Markus
MARKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring Battery Meter For Ydre

Follow the charger receptical wire leeds to the battery pack that will get you to your 48v's thats what you want to hook your new battery level indicator up to, thats if you just want the meter to be on all the time,

Or if you want the meter to come on with the key switch, you can run a wire from the meter directly to the negative -48v side of the battery pack, and then run a leed from your key switch to the meter, that way when you turn the key on it will juice up the battery indicator meter, you will need to use a volt meter to determine what leed on the key switch is hot when the cart is on.

+++ Just be very carerfull hooking up positives & negatives to the new battery meter, Normally you never run a ground to a switch/etc. with a hot leed (unless the switch is lighted, even then its not advised) +++
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Good info from bhrear. What unit are you useing? Curtis digital units have 3 connections to use. 1- 48 volt positive, 1-for 48 volt negative and 1 for "only when key on". Highly recomend this unit and instructions come with it. Just have to add, these battery meters only read "surface voltage" (IMO), They can "help or hinder" your desission on "run time" available. Some say to totally discharge deep cylce batteries before recharging, I do not agree with this. With a "fully automatic charger" I recommend (now this is just my opinion) after every use, plug the charger in till you want to use it the next time. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Yes a good point with curtis LED meters, I forgot about 3 pins, but they come with easy to read instructions, and if they didnt come with them you can find them easily on a google search.
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:48 AM   #5
MARKUS
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply's I found the Curtis meter on the web and all my problems were solved in a flash. Thanks again.

Markus
MARKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha