lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
mlj427
Gone Wild

Default Charger Question

Hopefully this wont start a political discussion. But on my Star Car with 8 trojan t-105+ batteries and a DPI Accusense battery charger, I know if I use it for some time I need to charge it untill the charger states it is fully charged. But if I move the cart 700 feet in the yard and put it away do you get out the charger and run the full cycle or is it only if you drive it for 10 or 15 minutes or more? Some times it would take longer to get the charger out and plug it in then the time the cart was moving.
Also when I have gone camping and rented a cart they always have the charger sitting under the rear seat and you just pull the cords around to the plugs to use it, is this safe for the charger if there is rain or when you wash it?
Thanks
Mike
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger Question

Typically you can recharge after as little as 15-20minutes of use or as much as 90 min. Several factors play into deciding if your cart needs charging. If the cart has sat for 2 weeks and you move it some then yes it may need recharging. If you charged it yesterday and you drove it 10 minutes today, no you may not. Battery age and condition also play a big part in deciding . The object is to keep the batteries close to 100% capacity as possible without over charging... These chargers are not water proof, notice all of the vents.... It can not be good for them to get hosed down constantly in my opinion..... Rental company has it own reasons for mounting the chargers on the back of the carts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
mlj427
Gone Wild

Default Re: Charger Question

If I placed the charger under the rear seat and hinged the aluminum under the flip seat then added a plastic panel that EZGO or it looks like Zone uses to close the bagwell area would that be enough protection? I could get a piece of diamond plate bent to close in the area if I can't find the plastic one. It would only be vented from between the seat and body may get too hot?
Thanks
Mike
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts