lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2017, 05:47 PM   #1
Jimschilling1984
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2004 DS starts than dies when accelerator is pressed

I have gotten lots of good information from searching these forums in the past so I decided to join and see if anyone can help with my latest problem. I have a 2004 Club Car DS that starts up fine and the rpm's start climbing for a second or 2 when the accelerator is pressed but than quickly dies when you hold the pedal down. Its like the spark is being shut off. Its not a fuel problem as the fuel pump is new and is pumping fuel. I also switched out the carb from another running cart I have but have same problem. The spark is strong when tested with plug out and cranking engine over. I also tried disconnecting the ground wire from the rev limiter with no change. Solenoid and micro switches appear to be in solid condition with no obvious problems. It seems like it has to be an electrical problem but I'm not sure where the breakdown is. I don't want to just start replacing parts but I just can't figure this one out. Any suggestions on what may be wrong would be greatly appreciated.
Jimschilling1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
johnesc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2004 DS starts than dies when accelerator is pressed

Is like this we've been chasing?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-travel-2.html
johnesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:53 PM   #3
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Fuel air spark. I am guessing your issue most likely is with your micro switches, not that they are necessarily bad but there is so much wiring associated with them all it takes is one faulty connection. Here's what you do to make sure what you need to look at. Disconnect the kill wire (white wire with black stripe) make sure it's not touching anything. Disconnect blue control wire from the small terminal on your solenoid.

Use a jumper wire from the +positive terminal of your battery to the small terminal you took the blue wire off of. Your cart will immediately start at this point test it out make sure it runs right. If it runs correctly your problem is with your wiring and or one of your 4 micro switches and the only way to figure it out is to trace each and every wire.

oh at this point you won't be able to shut your cart off so use the choke or pull the plug wire. If by chance your cart still won't run then you have other issues besides wiring
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
Jimschilling1984
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for your reply. The problem ended up being the ignition coil. Even though I was getting a spark with the plug pulled out and grounded for whatever reason it was intermittent. I even made sure I had the proper gap between the coil and flywheel. I finally decided the coil was the most likely culprit and replaced it. Cart runs great now.
Jimschilling1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #5
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

That's great, glad you found the problem and welcome to the group
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car