lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
Gasman24
Not Yet Wild

Default Only starts when lightly pressed

I have an EZGO TXT 99 and 01. I have been working on them for years and pretty knowledgeable but man do I need some help with this one. The 99 TXT has always preferred the gas pedal be slowly pressed in order to start. Five years ago it started preferring to be pressed slowly and only half way. Now you have to barley press the gas in order for it to take. Runs awesome without skipping a beat when you going and usually starts much better after a little warm.

Over the years I have always set the valves yearly and replaced air fuel and spark plugs about every other. I have even played around with .004 to .006 on the valves to see if that would help. I have cleaned the carburetor and both jets plenty of times hoping that was the case. It may have helped but never fixed the issue.

I have above 150 in both cylinders. New spark plugs, coil is only 3 years old, new air filter, new fuel filter, cleaned carb and jets, set valves and triple check them. Fuel pump is newer and spitting good.

Anyone have any ideas? It almost seems like the fuel and fire are good but either air in or air out is restricted. Maybe muffler since it gradually got worse intake has been checked as well as trying to fire intake box completely open

Appreciate any help!
Gasman24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO