lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2021, 09:11 AM   #1
TJC2211
Not Yet Wild

Default Powerwise II Charger Convert to SB50 Plug - Automatic Charger Shut-Off

I have a 1987 Marathon Golf Cart that I am fixing up. I followed the instructions you had on another post (Powerwise II Charger Convert to SB50 Plug Issue) with success to have the charger come on to charge the cart batteries. The batteries are are new (36V cart) and the charger is putting out around 12.5 amps when the charging is going. I plugged the cart in abut 8 last night and this morning around 7 it was still on and charging. Since I wasn't sure if the automatic shut-off was working and I didn't want to fry the new batteries I unplugged them. My question is should the charger have shut off within the 11 hours that I was charging at 12.5 amps? If not how long should i leave the charger on the cart to allow time tp properly charge and shut off? Is there a way to evaluate if the automatic shut-off is working?

This is my first post to this forum as I just joined a couple of days ago. If I am posting in the wrong place on this forum please direct me to the proper area to post technical questions like this. Thank you
TJC2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Powerwise II Charger Convert to SB50 Plug - Automatic Charger Shut-Off

The first charge on a new set of batteries can take 20 hours or more and the PW-II has either a 12 hour or a 16 hour back up timer, so more than one cycle is often needed.

Try it again and if it doesn't shut off or doesn't time out, then the control board is iffy.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:41 AM   #3
TJC2211
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Powerwise II Charger Convert to SB50 Plug - Automatic Charger Shut-Off

Thank you for the input. Plugged it back in and it ran for a while but then turned off automatically. So I have confidence that it is all working properly.
TJC2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO