lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2021, 08:31 PM   #1
Ezgodan
Getting Wild

Default Rust on frame corner on 99 txt

I have 99 txt. I’ve had it about 15 yrs. the frame is rusted through on the front corners where it bends to go up. I’m gonna cut out the rusted areas. Wondering what would be best to replace with. Also I will need to bend it.

I’m gonna work on it this weekend. I’m thinking of some flat stock metal that I can bend. 1/8 to 3/8 thick. Would love to use round metal but not sure how to bend that

Any advice would be appreciated
Ezgodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2021, 05:47 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rust on frame corner on 99 txt

I don't know if this would be helpful or not. My 2000 TXT frame cracked when I was traveling thru a field and didn't\couldn't see a water drain ditch. The ditch stopped me "cold".

I had my nephew weld it up. (see pics) Someone ask me if I had it "heat treated" when it was done.....it was not (doubt that's necessary). This weld was done about 5 years ago and it's still as strong as ever today.

If you look closely at the pics, my nephew just used pieces of flat steel and welded up everything. I'm sure welding angle iron would work just as well as long as it's welded all the way around.

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #3
Ezgodan
Getting Wild

Default Re: Rust on frame corner on 99 txt

That’s exactly where mine is broken. I thought It was in the curve. That’s what I’m gonna to do. Heading to Lowe’s to get metal now. Thanks
Ezgodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO