lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2021, 07:51 PM   #1
mmccasl1
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT 48V Sepex Electrical Issue

Recently my cart was suffered a flood during a hurricane. Not full blown submersion but enough to be over the tires and get components wet.

To my surprise, cart is not dead but I've been having issues of diagnosing what the root issues are of the cart. I replaced the solenoid which completely fell apart, but have still not been able to figure out overall what parts are bad.

With the new solenoid, I get alarm, and occasional power. The solenoid does sometimes flip on and off and the cart will move if the solenoid is active. But It's short lived, and eventually disengages. So I'm leaning towards a bad controller, but before I buy one want to make sure this is really my issue. I've chased loose wires to see if maybe bad connection somewhere which tells the controller to shut it down, but just been able to locate anything that makes any difference. Checked F/W switch, charger, pedal, etc.

From a power standpoint, I've gotten full speed with motor and solenoid engaged, but it seems 50/50 whether to solenoid will stay engaged. So it seems motor and speed sensor are ok.

Guess before I pull the trigger on a new controller, just wanted to see if anyone has seen any symptoms like this and what you found as the cause.

Thanks
mmccasl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2021, 08:31 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO TXT 48V Sepex Electrical Issue

If water got into the motor, you should disassemble it and clean / dry it out or the brush holders will rust and keep the brushes from moving against the commutator.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:09 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Isn't there a problem molex connector on the 48v txt? IIRC that connector goes from the throttle to the controller. If the controller thinks the throttle is at 0% it may act like what you're seeing?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:03 PM   #4
mmccasl1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check it out.
mmccasl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO