lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2020, 01:38 PM   #1
SilverWolf
Not Yet Wild

Post TEEKON by SilverWolf Motors-RWD Speed Kit

Hey folks, just wanted to share a quick note that SilverWolf Motors has now commercially launched their RWD speed and range enhancement kit for ClubCar Onward/Precedent. The kit has been branded TEEKON, brings 20% greater range, 60% less weight than other kits while still offering 56% more speed and acceleration to stock DC electric motor Onward/Precedent golf cars.

This kit bundles an AC Permanent Magnet 12 HP motor, 840 Amp Controller, Plug ‘n Play wiring harness and powerful smartphone app.

If you want more details, you can get them on the TEEKON webpage.
SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2020, 02:19 PM   #2
1sharphook

Default Re: TEEKON by SilverWolf Motors-RWD Speed Kit

Can you provide any before/after real world top speed comparisons when installed on a stock (lead acid battery) Club Car cart? If so, please include the tire height for the example(s).

Thanks
Old 11-24-2020, 11:56 PM   #3
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

I'm gettin one soon and putting it against a navitas 5kw 600a setup. Pretty excited to see what this can do
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:09 AM   #4
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseman44 View Post
I'm gettin one soon and putting it against a navitas 5kw 600a setup. Pretty excited to see what this can do
How did it do against the Navitas?
nonomac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 12:24 PM   #5
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseman44 View Post
What's the result? Ive heard from people who have one or the other, but not anyone whos tried both (other than one Youtuber). The Teekons smaller lighter motor footprint alone is winning me over. And yes I realize this is an old post LOL
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:59 PM   #6
Camaro69
Gone Wild

Almost 2 grand is a heavy hit.
Camaro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 04:20 PM   #7
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro69 View Post
Yes it is. Especially when they make statements like "56% more speed and acceleration to stock DC electric motor". It raises three basic questions that require answers before my wallet comes out.

1. Is it 56% more speed? Or, is it 56% more acceleration?
2. Is this 56% based on speed code 1 or speed code 4?
Old 02-12-2022, 08:22 AM   #8
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro69 View Post

Actually it’s a good price and it’s right inline with their direct competition (NAVITAS) which is also in the $2k range. You need to consider what your getting… About 8 years ago I bought a D&D ES58 motor and it alone was nearly $700, then I bought a 600A FSIP controller and it was a $1k. When you realize that combo can’t even come close to touching this TEEKON kit in terms of speed, acceleration OR efficiency/range you begin to realize why it’s a good deal. How often can you gain all three of those?

Of course if you aren’t looking for these things it will seem like a lot of money, but I challenge you to try and build anything that can compare to this package for $2k. To each his own right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2022, 08:38 AM   #9
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default TEEKON by SilverWolf Motors-RWD Speed Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
Yes it is. Especially when they make statements like "56% more speed and acceleration to stock DC electric motor". It raises three basic questions that require answers before my wallet comes out.

1. Is it 56% more speed? Or, is it 56% more acceleration?
2. Is this 56% based on speed code 1 or speed code 4?

1. Yes to both
2. Just curious why that matters to you? You pick what speed code you want in their BT app. And you can change it as many times as you like.

If your still doubtful so some searching around. It’s not hard to find YouTube videos of carts going >40mph on this TEEKON setup.

I’m still extremely curious to see real world apples-to-apples comparison between NAVITAS and TEECON by a single owner on the same cart. The NAVITAS‘s is very appealing because of the on-the-fly adjustment. But the motor is huge, and I could easily live without the on the fly adjustment if the TEECON outperformed it. They are after all nearly the same price.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:28 AM   #10
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJerm76 View Post
1. Yes to both
2. Just curious why that matters to you? You pick what speed code you want in their BT app. And you can change it as many times as you like.

If your still doubtful so some searching around. It’s not hard to find YouTube videos of carts going >40mph on this TEEKON setup.

I’m still extremely curious to see real world apples-to-apples comparison between NAVITAS and TEECON by a single owner on the same cart. The NAVITAS‘s is very appealing because of the on-the-fly adjustment. But the motor is huge, and I could easily live without the on the fly adjustment if the TEECON outperformed it. They are after all nearly the same price.

Let's start with the speed increase before we get into your acceleration numbers. Please confirm that you tested one of these two scenarios:

1. You started with a factory Club Car set to speed code 1, or 8 MPH. You installed the TEEKON setup and your speed increased 56% to 12.5 MPH.

2. You started with a factory Club Car set to speed code 4, or 19.7 MPH. You installed the TEEKON setup and your speed increased 56% to 30.7 MPH.

Please confirm this is your personal experience/testing on your DS and that your base testing had a stock controller, tire size, and lead acid batteries.

Thanks

Tags
clubcar, dc to ac, silverwolf motors, speedkit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car