lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2021, 10:25 PM   #11
amarko
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Electric Moke, need more speed

FYI the controller seller sent me this into today about some of the controls:

1, Change forward /backward(reverse) direction pls revise it from F28: Start position self-learning, change the original parameter 2 into 3(this F28 is very important to the whole controller,pls don't make any other change, otherwise the controller will be no use and we can't program it except return to the factory, pls be carerful and don't make any other change). And also revise F13: change the encoder/Hall sensor direction 1 into to 0. Both parameters need to be changed then get the right direction. (based on your previous UWV but no change 17/18 cable situation).

Adjust current: Uphill climbing current setting: F37 driving torque limit, increase value = increase current. Flat road current setting: F45 high-speed torque limitation, increase value = increase current, decrease value = decrease current. The above parameters can be adjusted individually.
amarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2021, 11:11 PM   #12
amarko
Not Yet Wild

I had the controller supplier from China email me some parameters and notes below to try but I’m out of town and won’t have a chance until next week to plug these numbers in.

“1, Change forward /backward(reverse) direction pls revise it from F28: Start position self-learning, change the original parameter 2 into 3(this F28 is very important to the whole controller,pls don't make any other change, otherwise the controller will be no use and we can't program it except return to the factory, pls be carerful and don't make any other change). And also revise F13: change the encoder/Hall sensor direction 1 into to 0. Both parameters need to be changed then get the right direction. (based on your previous UWV but no change 17/18 cable situation).

2, Adjust current: Uphill climbing current setting: F37 driving torque limit, increase value = increase current. Flat road current setting: F45 high-speed torque limitation, increase value = increase current, decrease value = decrease current. The above parameters can be adjusted individually.

F0 = 0
F1 = 7.5
F2 = 60
F3 = 120
F4 = 100
F5 = 240
F6 = 2700
F7 = 5200
F8 = 25
F9 = 580
F10 = 0
F11 = 0
F12 = 64
F13 = 1
F14 = 0
F15 = 0
F16 = 4000
F17 = 510
F18 = 1200
F19 = 1500
F20 = 1000
F21 = 15000
F22 = 15000
F23 = 3000
F24 = 3000
F25 = 15
F26 = 80
F27 = 1
F28 = 1
F29 = 70
F30 = 80
F31 = 80
F32 = 0
F33 = 300
F34 = 100
F35 = 300
F36 = 100
F37 = 333
F38 = 28
F39 = 100
F40 = 108
F41 = 45
F42 = 65
F43 = 32
F44 = 0
F45 = 300
F46 = 64
F47 = 3000
F48 = 2600
F49 = 2
F50 = 0
F51 = 131
F52 = 172
F53 = 732
F54 = 0
F55 = 7
F56 = 0
F57 = 1
Old 01-25-2021, 10:10 AM   #13
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When I spoke with "William" one of the things he told me specifically was to not change F28. He said to change F7 for speed, F45 for high speed current. F38 for regen but when I made the change it doesn't seem to make any substantive difference.

He also said I could change F49/F50 for speed but I didn't make any changes to those params.

When I looked online for the motor that *I think* the moke has it listed the safe max RPM as 6200. So when I programmed the moke I set it to 6100 or 6000, can't remember now. It reached 30/31 mph. I see you have your F7 set to 5200, but you can reach 32+mph? Are you using larger tires? Trying to see if I missed something when I set this up for my buddy.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:08 AM   #14
amarko
Not Yet Wild

Cruise Car just sent me these..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 891FEAE4-0E59-4089-B780-BFD7DA06455B.jpg (107.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-30-2021, 12:19 PM   #15
amarko
Not Yet Wild

I'm getting the “Over current (motor wire connection short circuit,
loosened or encoder signal wrong)” beeps any idea how to fix that?
Old 01-31-2021, 10:36 PM   #16
amarko
Not Yet Wild

I thought I would share my latest parameters that seem to be working great for me. My Moke can reach 36mph on flat ground and no faults. I have about 50 miles so far with these setting and no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
When I spoke with "William" one of the things he told me specifically was to not change F28. He said to change F7 for speed, F45 for high speed current. F38 for regen but when I made the change it doesn't seem to make any substantive difference.

He also said I could change F49/F50 for speed but I didn't make any changes to those params.

When I looked online for the motor that *I think* the moke has it listed the safe max RPM as 6200. So when I programmed the moke I set it to 6100 or 6000, can't remember now. It reached 30/31 mph. I see you have your F7 set to 5200, but you can reach 32+mph? Are you using larger tires? Trying to see if I missed something when I set this up for my buddy.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:07 AM   #17
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarko View Post
I'm getting the “Over current (motor wire connection short circuit,
loosened or encoder signal wrong)” beeps any idea how to fix that?
So what I did was jack up one front wheel and connect my laptop. My software shows me the motor RPM. I spun the one wheel by hand with the computer hooked up and it recognized the RPM change. You could do the same thing by pushing the Moke with the laptop hooked up.

This will tell you if the encoder is communicating with the controller and it should give you an idea of the validity of the data it is sending.

My contact in China told me this error code is a bad encoder and just throw a new encoder on there. But for my friend's Moke, the encoder was fine and they needed a new controller.

So if you've checked for loose cables and wires and you've checked the plugs coming from the encoder to the controller for corrosion and you've checked that there is power going to the encoder, then you are left with it being either the encoder or the controller.

----- edit -----

I should mention I also checked the motor first. Have you verified the motor is not having an issue? I just did it on the Moke in this thread with a DVM, https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=172608
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:09 PM   #18
Mokesmoke
Not Yet Wild

Hello I appreciate this thread. I just received the software and cables for my new moke. I do not see the port on motor. Do I need to remove the cooling fan that sits above the motor to gain access to port? Thanks again.
Mokesmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:44 PM   #19
grecoroman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarko View Post
I thought I would share my latest parameters that seem to be working great for me. My Moke can reach 36mph on flat ground and no faults. I have about 50 miles so far with these setting and no issues.
Hi there - Would you be able to share the info to purchase this software?

Thanks
grecoroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:44 PM   #20
grecoroman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
So what I did was jack up one front wheel and connect my laptop. My software shows me the motor RPM. I spun the one wheel by hand with the computer hooked up and it recognized the RPM change. You could do the same thing by pushing the Moke with the laptop hooked up.

This will tell you if the encoder is communicating with the controller and it should give you an idea of the validity of the data it is sending.

My contact in China told me this error code is a bad encoder and just throw a new encoder on there. But for my friend's Moke, the encoder was fine and they needed a new controller.

So if you've checked for loose cables and wires and you've checked the plugs coming from the encoder to the controller for corrosion and you've checked that there is power going to the encoder, then you are left with it being either the encoder or the controller.

----- edit -----

I should mention I also checked the motor first. Have you verified the motor is not having an issue? I just did it on the Moke in this thread with a DVM, https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=172608
Would you be able to share info on the software you purchased? I'm unable to find any. Would love to get a few MPH more about of the Moke.
grecoroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!