lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Default Advanced Auto Parts Batter Brand?

Does anyone know what brand of batteries advanced auto sells. They carry a 6V and an 8V at nears Sams club prices AND I can get a superior discount. My father in law has had great success so far on his cart batteries we bought for a cart that we planned to resell...but he loves it so it so he kept it.

Now my boss is looking to fix the problem he is having now with his Interstate batteries. I was assuming the Advanced batteries would be a lower grade battery, but they appear to run the heck out of the cart we have them in.

I will be looking at Trojan's as well for him but have to find a dealer in our area. (mb, sc)
AggressiveBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Advanced Auto Parts Batter Brand?

Either there is a typo here, or I'm an idiot. You state you have Advanced batteries in a cart and are happy with them, but you want to know what kind they are. Wouldn't you just look at them and see?

Perhaps those batteries are unmarked? If so, describe the cases.
gornoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Sorry Gorn, I actually didn't see any manufacturer markings on them and I've asked Advanced what brand they are and they said they think.....blah blah. I think doesn't really help me. I've seen Sam's batteries discussed, Interstate discussed, and Trojan's discussed, but I searched and could not find any mention of the Advanced. They are solid black cases and I think they just had advance auto stickers on them. So one of the major companies must manufacture for them.
AggressiveBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I think the batteries for Advance Auto which is Parts America are made by GNB which is Exide; info on their GC batteries is here:
http://www.gnb.com/products/trans/na/misc.html
Specs are here:
http://www.gnb.com/pdf/exide_battery_specs.pdf
If your real curious as to who makes all the batteries in the world go to this website:
http://www.jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm
Hope this helps.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I think I read somewhere that there are only 3 manufacturers of these types of batteries in North America. And, I'm pretty darn sure Trojan makes their own units.
gornoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

The reason no one discusses them is mainly due to the fact it would just be another battery that everyone will compare to trojan and have 40 million threads as to why they shouldn't but them because they are cheaper.
They will be the same bunch that back in 11 to 14 months asking where there power went!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

The last I heard advanced used "autocraft" but that may be a brand to a different battery manufacturer. If they are Exides then the serial numbers will be on the side etched in, and will say the model number in it.. i.e. gc110 or gc1108v... if they do let me know.. Exide is a good battery... .
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
terry2shot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressiveBuggy View Post
Does anyone know what brand of batteries advanced auto sells. They carry a 6V and an 8V at nears Sams club prices AND I can get a superior discount. My father in law has had great success so far on his cart batteries we bought for a cart that we planned to resell...but he loves it so it so he kept it.

Now my boss is looking to fix the problem he is having now with his Interstate batteries. I was assuming the Advanced batteries would be a lower grade battery, but they appear to run the heck out of the cart we have them in.

I will be looking at Trojan's as well for him but have to find a dealer in our area. (mb, sc)
I "believe" Phillips makes most of the batteries for the discount stores. Phillips is one of the "big three" in battery manufacturing. You see them mainly in industrial applications and class 8 vehicles..
terry2shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
THOLLAND911
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

my son is a area manager for advanced and advised that they are made by exide
THOLLAND911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
THOLLAND911
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

they are not near as heavy duty as trojans.
THOLLAND911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO